Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS220d - New EGR valve - Still Smoking

rtho

Posted on here previously about continual problems with White Smoke

Car went into limp mode at 120k and I feared that the dpf was blocked again. It had a dpf doctor clean back in October 2017.

I did a diy with Wynnes dpf cleaner and managed to get the lights out so that I could at least drive the car. Took it to a local garage for diagnostics - they found the dpf pressure to be 2.1mbar and could not find any other fault . They suggested a new egr valve if the white smoke problem persisted. They had cleaned it up as part of the diagnostics

I purchased a new genuine Lexus EGR valve and fitted it myself - Battery disconnected during the fit.. Although the car is much better performance wise - the white smoke is still pounding out - sometimes before the engine is fully warmed up, but mostly when the engine is warmed up when I stop and start. Also a puff when I accelerate sharply in 4rth on a motorway.

Oil level is always ok - Coolant level is always ok . MPG 35

The only niggle with performance is a slight blip when you go from 5th to 4rth or 4rth to 3rd - apart from that it drives pretty good . Its only the smoke that's the problem!!!

Any pointers would be appreciated................

Thanks for the reply , this was on my list,  just putting as much info as to what's happening to try and narrow this problem down. The car is great apart from this smoke issue and the reduced 34-35mpg from the usual 39-40mpg

The 5th injector - is it a case of complete replacement and some ecu updates? just trying to gauge the type of garage to take it to . Want to avoid Lexus Main dealer if I can. My nearest would be Chester

What kind of bill could I expect for this work? Thanks for assistance

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links