Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The ‘I miss my IS-F’ thread

On 5/29/2018 at 3:56 PM, Warrington guy said:

Flytvr . Can’t believe it’s not sold . You won’t find better 

It being 2013 (last year of production) doesn't help either - I mean it is relatively new car, but looking relatively outdated - that makes price relatively high. One can get cheaper RC-F for that price and obviously everyone will make such considerations. Unless you really really really want specifically white 2013 IS-F for some reason... which will be very rare.

20 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

It being 2013 (last year of production) doesn't help either - I mean it is relatively new car, but looking relatively outdated - that makes price relatively high. One can get cheaper RC-F for that price and obviously everyone will make such considerations. Unless you really really really want specifically white 2013 IS-F for some reason... which will be very rare.

For that sort of money, you’d end up with a very low spec RC-F. I think I’d stick with the best ISF on the market rather than the worst RCF.

@Warrington guy‘s old IS-F is a cracker!

Yes, but you can just buy 2010 IS-F which will be fully equipped for £8k less, or go even cheaper on 2009 - reliability is not an issue and you can still get extended warranty. As for RC-F the one for 29k has TDV and Sunroof, so only missing thing is ACC/PCS, it as well has 16k more miles, but it is 3 years newer car with 8 year newer design. For me personally Sunroof is more important then ACC/PCS.. so nobrainer really, but that might be opposite for other.

I remember speculating what impact falling RC-F prices will have on IS-F market. So far it seems there were no major impact, except of cases like this - late IS-Fs in perfect shape selling for same price as early RC-Fs which are still pretty much perfect shape. Any IS-F selling for over 25k will struggle, because they are getting in territory of RC-Fs. I cannot imagine somebody making such choice and going for IS-F over RC-F at this price point.. but that is just my opinion obviously. 

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

.. but that is just my opinion obviously. 

You want to be careful with those........people can get upset about opinions. 🤣😉

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

I cannot imagine somebody making such choice and going for IS-F over RC-F at this price point.. but that is just my opinion obviously. 

Unless of course they need four doors 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Yes, but you can just buy 2010 IS-F which will be fully equipped for £8k less, or go even cheaper on 2009 - reliability is not an issue and you can still get extended warranty. As for RC-F the one for 29k has TDV and Sunroof, so only missing thing is ACC/PCS, it as well has 16k more miles, but it is 3 years newer car with 8 year newer design. For me personally Sunroof is more important then ACC/PCS.. so nobrainer really, but that might be opposite for other.

I remember speculating what impact falling RC-F prices will have on IS-F market. So far it seems there were no major impact, except of cases like this - late IS-Fs in perfect shape selling for same price as early RC-Fs which are still pretty much perfect shape. Any IS-F selling for over 25k will struggle, because they are getting in territory of RC-Fs. I cannot imagine somebody making such choice and going for IS-F over RC-F at this price point.. but that is just my opinion obviously. 

Sunroofs. I just don’t  get the hype. Never have. More to go wrong and they kill headroom. There’s no way my next car will be having a sunroof.

Sunroofs love mine.....being vertically challenged  means it’s irrelevant......

Goes wrong who cares that’s what warranties are for.......

Now if a TVD axle wheely spinny complicated thing goes wrong.....😂

🐀

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

🐀

That’s what the warranty is for.

Besides, if the LSD (Lexus Stoneage Diff - fitted to the base RC-F) goes wrong, what you going do, take it to a stonemason?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Sunroofs. I just don’t  get the hype. Never have. More to go wrong and they kill headroom. There’s no way my next car will be having a sunroof.

For me is must have, or even better glass roof - sadly Lexus doesn't really do those. Never had the car where it wen't wrong and it always been key positive thing about the car, especially when you go from one which has it to the one which don't.

4 hours ago, Martin F said:

Unless of course they need four doors 😉

Performance cars with 4 doors are always less desirable then coupes, just reality... and even if you want one you don't need to pay £28k for it, you can happily found one in perfect shape and low miles for £18k + GS-F is much better value for money anyway... even if it is more expensive.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

🐀

Me too.  Especially now with the new exhaust.  Open up and more noise 👍😀

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Linas.P said:

For me is must have, or even better glass roof - sadly Lexus doesn't really do those. Never had the car where it wen't wrong and it always been key positive thing about the car, especially when you go from one which has it to the one which don't.

Performance cars with 4 doors are always less desirable then coupes, just reality... and even if you want one you don't need to pay £28k for it, you can happily found one in perfect shape and low miles for £18k + GS-F is much better value for money anyway... even if it is more expensive.

@Linas.P Er Linas my RCF has a glass roof they all do don’t they ?

🐀

8 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Linas.P Er Linas my RCF has a glass roof they all do don’t they ?

🐀

I think you mistaken. Yes all Lexus has glass sunroof (to be honest almost any modern car), that is what was called moonroof before. But it should not be confused with full glass roof:

Image result for peugeot 308 sw roof

I think closest we have in Lexus range are RX and NX with panoramic roof or LC with half-glass, but none has full glass roof which is quite common on French cars, as well Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Skoda/WV and Tesla does them.

Doesn't look very crash friendly. I knew a guy lost his finger in a car crash as his hand went out sunroof and a finger got sliced off.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links