Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Toyota Celsior owner from Finland and couple of questions

Hello,

I'm new user from Finland. I just bought couple days a go 2000 year model JDM Toyota Celsior (Lexus LS430) which has only been driven 34500km.

IMG_20180529_084216.thumb.jpg.b8963d9bae963fcc14a43a60a4b5b05b.jpg

So, now I have couple of questions.

1. Because JDM nav is of course filled with mysterious signs and Japanese map. I dont need nav but is there easy or hard way to change those maps?

2. The car has a MD player, 6 disc CD changer below radio and 6 disc DVD changer in upper glove box. What is the easiest way to connect android phone via Bluetooth or some cable to car radio? Now I can not even use radio because different FM frequency.

IMG_20180528_185246.thumb.jpg.8d67667d7814d4d17e2a540306a4211c.jpg

IMG_20180528_185259.thumb.jpg.f8a785b5287cdb9d0b2117fdae6ae55c.jpg

IMG_20180528_185020.thumb.jpg.ca73365c9dcd380a6ac21e89a98d7e6f.jpg

3. The car has Data System ASC680 Air Suspension Controller but screen is "broken" and I only can see blue/red colors and something in the right side of screen but nothing else. Using right side up/down buttons I can change I think preset values but it is practically impossible to change the values. Whether anyone has a similar problem with the screen?
3.1 What happen if I press High/Normal hight button in center console? Whether the ASC680 exceeds the standard height adjustment?

4. What is this button in back mirror?

IMG_20180529_093423.thumb.jpg.639bf259419848c4d846c304b7205788.jpg

5. What is this small black box above back mirror?

IMG_20180529_093348.thumb.jpg.1c14354041e8cb3cbfac2477c2e91a53.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Jouni and welcome to the LOC.

How are you getting on with a right hand drive in Finland, 35,000Km is nothing for these cars some have clocked up millions.

You may be able to find a used Sat Nav DVD for your location from sites such as eBay, you can then simply swop out the Japanese one currently installed in the Nav unit in the boot.

I understand a manufacturer called Grom produce an interface to allow other devices to be connected to the existing sound system.

Regarding the radio frequencies you can also buy an FM radio band changer which will allow the radio to work on the 88-108 Mhz band but this is based on the UK band and yours may be different.

For the height control system being aftermarket it may be a good idea to contact the manufacturer regarding a replacement screen.

The press button on the rear view mirror operates the dimming mode should you be dazzled by vehicle headlights behind you at night.

Finally no idea what the black box above the mirror is for.

If you need the Japanese writing on the buttons translating there is a member called Yamae on the clublexus website who will usually provide a translation for you.

I have been driving RHD cars in Finland since 2009 when I bought my first car JDM and nowadays RHD cars can be seen here in traffic every day.

Can it be that changing only map DVD maybe work? I have to try that.

After googling I find Grom and xcarlink product and I have to take a closer look at those.

I already ordered this fm frequence expander https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FM108-Japan-Car-Radio-Adapter-FM-Band-Frequency-Expander-Converter-108Mhz-Ukgtn/191009441084?hash=item2c790cc53c:g:~eoAAOSw-xVZ-mE5
But after googling I find out that there is no normal antenna input in back of the car stereo 😑

On 5/31/2018 at 7:46 PM, Celsior-fin said:

I have been driving RHD cars in Finland since 2009 when I bought my first car JDM and nowadays RHD cars can be seen here in traffic every day.

Can it be that changing only map DVD maybe work? I have to try that.

After googling I find Grom and xcarlink product and I have to take a closer look at those.

I already ordered this fm frequence expander https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FM108-Japan-Car-Radio-Adapter-FM-Band-Frequency-Expander-Converter-108Mhz-Ukgtn/191009441084?hash=item2c790cc53c:g:~eoAAOSw-xVZ-mE5
But after googling I find out that there is no normal antenna input in back of the car stereo 😑

With the LS you may have to wire the expander in the trunk, there should be a conventional aerial plug on the motorised aerial which can then be connected to the converter then the converter plug goes back to the aerial. Then find a 12volt supply in the trunk area.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links