Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

my first GS450H Sport, 2008,black on black

MR DSB

Hi Guys 

just thought I'd share my first Lexus with you , got it from Lexus Sidcup and their service was outstanding and their level of care and preparation exceeded my expectations,  photos attached,  this car is amazing the amount of kit is unbelievable and i just keep finding any excuse to drive it, in power mode the car just throws you back ! I do have a question about the radio I set my favourite on number 1 then after 5 seconds it just keeps going back to another station it looks as if radio 1 has been set on permanently it's really annoying anyone know the fix , I bet it's really simple so apologies in advance 

20180530_115640.jpg

20180530_115446.jpg

20180530_115546.jpg

• Like 2

Looks very nice, so well done.

Does it have tinted rear windows?

A face lift SE-L spec?

Any issues - is the exhaust Y pipe holding up okay?  

When I got mine the OEM exhaust Y pipe and OS rear box were shot, it was still VERY quiet though!

• Like 1

thanks Farqui

yes Windows are tinted 

yes facelift spec no sunroof though 

exhaust seems ok, it is quiet , Lexus serviced it as well as mot , hybrid health check, 2 new tyres prior to pick up and 1 year warranty 

• Like 1

Looks smart. 

Not seen the body kit on a lot of vehicles - its a fairly rare find. Also, is it just the pictures or are the two back windows tinted and not the rear one?

Seems to have a chrome garnish around the headlights which is unique too

yes a rare find indeed  I'd been looking for ages for a sport there was only one I came across at mosesgate but they wanted 11k for it on a 08 plate, as soon as lexus put this on I paid a deposit and they took it off the net , lucky for me they had not even put the pictures on as it only just came in and was not prepared

I think it's just the pics rear window is tinted  

Looks smart. 
Not seen the body kit on a lot of vehicles - its a fairly rare find. Also, is it just the pictures or are the two back windows tinted and not the rear one?

Mines got the chrome around the headlights too. Thought they all had it.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Farqui said:
2 hours ago, stevet said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So has mine

Ditto.

12 minutes ago, Farqui said:
2 hours ago, stevet said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So has mine

Ditto.

And what a fine looking GS that is!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MR DSB said:

Hi Guys 

just thought I'd share my first Lexus with you , got it from Lexus Sidcup and their service was outstanding and their level of care and preparation exceeded my expectations,  photos attached,  this car is amazing the amount of kit is unbelievable and i just keep finding any excuse to drive it, in power mode the car just throws you back ! I do have a question about the radio I set my favourite on number 1 then after 5 seconds it just keeps going back to another station it looks as if radio 1 has been set on permanently it's really annoying anyone know the fix , I bet it's really simple so apologies in advance 

20180530_115640.jpg

20180530_115446.jpg

20180530_115546.jpg

Fine looking car Gurdeep. Black, driven in Power mode  and incorrectly spaced plates will get you picked up in no time at all by our friends in the Force.

Enjoy what is an exceptional vehicle.

thanks Royoftherovers 

I know what you mean 

but I only drove it in power mode on the motorway to test and play with the different settings 

plates, I've had these 10years without a problem it's just 1 space on the other side , there are people who have got crazy fonts,  sizes, spaces hell of a lot worse than mine honestly mate it's nothing  

yes a rare find indeed  I'd been looking for ages for a sport there was only one I came across at mosesgate but they wanted 11k for it on a 08 plate, as soon as lexus put this on I paid a deposit and they took it off the net , lucky for me they had not even put the pictures on as it only just came in and was not prepared

9 hours ago, Farqui said:

Looks very nice, so well done.

Does it have tinted rear windows?

A face lift SE-L spec?

Any issues - is the exhaust Y pipe holding up okay?  

When I got mine the OEM exhaust Y pipe and OS rear box were shot, it was still VERY quiet though!

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Fine looking car Gurdeep. Black, driven in Power mode  and incorrectly spaced plates will get you picked up in no time at all by our friends in the Force.

Enjoy what is an exceptional vehicle.

looking at others for sale chrome around the headlights looks normal 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rayaans said:

Looks smart. 

Probably just something Ive missed when looking at them then!

Most of them tend to be Silver and the chrome garnish blends in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 65Mike 

it's done 97k

Indeed a fine looking specimen.
As Lee says though do carefully inspect the Y piece on the exhaust for any signs of leakage "shows up as a sooty black line", and also on top of the rear silencers. An exhaust leak here does not show and is not noticeable noise wise.
Also check the top of the shock absorber bodies where the bright shaft exits. This area is prone to leakage of oil at that sort of millage. Shocks are circa £250 each "Lexus charge over £600 to replace one. So better to find problems while under guarantee. There is no aftermarket alternative.
I am not in any way trying to spoil your great purchase. They are fantastic cars, but we have seen these problems on many occasions on LOC

John

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links