Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electronic Tags

Can anyone tell me where on the windscreen to stick the Bip & Go tag used for the French motorways. The instructions tell me to put it in the mottled area behind the rear view mirror but my NX has black and very little in the way of mottling?

On 5/30/2018 at 2:18 PM, Mike141 said:

Can anyone tell me where on the windscreen to stick the Bip & Go tag used for the French motorways. The instructions tell me to put it in the mottled area behind the rear view mirror but my NX has black and very little in the way of mottling?

Doesn't matter what it looks like. Behind the rear view mirror is recommended because it's out of your eyesight and easy for the receivers to pick up the signal from it.

Whether the area is black or mottled is irrelevant. What matters is that some car windscreens have an athermic coating that blocks the signal sent to the tag, however the black/mottled area is not coated and let any signal through.

I am not sure I have explained this very well, but take a look here:

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/faq/

I have been using these tags for years and they are brilliant and save a lot of time! - Happy travelling.

Many thanks for the replies.

I've also had a tag for several years and they are really useful for getting through the many Autoroute queues. My previous cars have just had a mottled area but the NX has mostly black and much of that is taken up with various cameras and sensors.

1 hour ago, Mike141 said:

I've also had a tag for several years and they are really useful for getting through the many Autoroute queues. My previous cars have just had a mottled area but the NX has mostly black and much of that is taken up with various cameras and sensors.

I have 2.One for France and  one for use in Spain/Portugal.

On 6/4/2018 at 5:23 PM, Mike141 said:

Let us know how you get on: I'll be taking out NX to France for the first time soon...

Just in case I'm putting the tag in the wrong place I'm sticking it on the screen in the position that I think it should go using bluetack. If it's OK I'll stick it on permanently.

I'll let you know how I get on.

3 hours ago, Mike141 said:

Just in case I'm putting the tag in the wrong place I'm sticking it on the screen in the position that I think it should go using bluetack. If it's OK I'll stick it on permanently.

I'll let you know how I get on.

You can actually hold it in your hand and point it at the camera if you wish!

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 8:00 PM, Mike141 said:

Just in case any body needs to see where to mount their motorway 'bip and go' tag here's a picture which I hope helps.

Mike

IMG_2448.JPG

That's where I've stuck mine. Works perfectly. 

• Like 1