Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX300 Cheap Chinese Reversing Camera

• 1 year later...

Nice write up.

I had the same issue with the reversing camera on my 2005 rx300. And to replace the camera even a used one was hitting £140. So i thought i would try and see if a camera from an is250 on a 05 plate would work as it was selling for £20 used. 

So tailgate cowls of pluged in camera and hey presto it worked. The mounting is differnt and i recon you could swap out mountings. However what i did was offer the camera into position and it sits tight against original screw holes. So instead of messing around i simplt placed large plate washers over the screws to hold in position. Back into car to test. Even the parking lines match up. Jobs a good one. 

The camera doesnt quite fill the original hole but i am happy that the reversing cameras up and running again.

I hope this helps clarify if any lexus camera will fit and save some a few quid.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Xxhazydaysxx said:

I had the same issue with the reversing camera on my 2005 rx300.

I've just mentioned in another topic that whenever a new member turns up with a 2005 RX300 I'm always weirdly curious if it's my old one, GY05 HVK?