Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

450h - blind spot monitor

Hi all.  After being away for 12 months I'm toying with coming back to my beloved brand.  I'm thinking of  a 17 or 67 plate Luxury and pan roof (blue with cream would be the ideal option) and I'm trying to see if the RX has blind spot monitors in the door mirrors. Can anyone confirm please.  Also, it appears the Luxury does have premium nav and electric tailgate.  Is that correct, also?

I have thought of the NX but I feel the RX will be more comfortable and a classier place to sit?

Cheers 

Peter

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Habu said:

Hi all.  After being away for 12 months I'm toying with coming back to my beloved brand.  I'm thinking of  a 17 or 67 plate Luxury and pan roof (blue with cream would be the ideal option) and I'm trying to see if the RX has blind spot monitors in the door mirrors. Can anyone confirm please.  Also, it appears the Luxury does have premium nav and electric tailgate.  Is that correct, also?

I have thought of the NX but I feel the RX will be more comfortable and a classier place to sit?

Cheers 

Peter

Luxury does have the premium nav and electric tailgate yes.

Blind spot monitor is only on the Premier or the F-Sport with Premier Pack

I would probably opt for an early 2017 model as the 67 plates will attract nearly £500 road tax. The pre-april 2017 are only £110

• Like 1

Another question, if that's ok.  Do the Luxury model not have any form of adaptive headlights or cornering lights?  I cannot find anything other than it has LED headlights, that neither swivel or bend, etc.  

16 hours ago, Habu said:

Another question, if that's ok.  Do the Luxury model not have any form of adaptive headlights or cornering lights?  I cannot find anything other than it has LED headlights, that neither swivel or bend, etc.  

The triple LED headlights themselves don't swivel on any of the models.

However, at low speed, all of them have lights in the corner of the foglamp unit which turn on when indicating or turning the steering wheel to light up the path.

No issue at all though, the lights are pretty bright! My previous RX had the AVS but Ive not really missed it at all

• Like 1

I wouldn't bother with blind spot gizmos. Iv'e had 4 cars with it and it's rubbish. The mirrors are more than good enough and having good wide angle vision helps too.

• Like 1

I really like it. One of the better useful tech additions. Especially rear cross traffic aspect of it.

I'm not sure it can be described as rubbish because it does actually work.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Couldn't see cornering lights on both Sport and Luxury RXs today but clearly there on a demo F Sport.  

F Sport in white does look really good in the flesh.  Might have to look at one of those rather than a Luxury model.  

After sitting for 15 minutes in a showroom RX (what a lovely sumptuous place to sit) I sat in the facelifted NX.  It felt more like sitting inside an RC. It felt cramped and definitely less upmarket than the RX, but I guess that's to be expected. 

6 minutes ago, Habu said:

Couldn't see cornering lights on both Sport and Luxury RXs today but clearly there on a demo F Sport.  

F Sport in white does look really good in the flesh.  Might have to look at one of those rather than a Luxury model.  

After sitting for 15 minutes in a showroom RX (what a lovely sumptuous place to sit) I sat in the facelifted NX.  It felt more like sitting inside an RC. It felt cramped and definitely less upmarket as the RX, but I guess that's to be expected. 

The lights are definitely there on the Luxury. Only really obvious at night. 

On my LS saloon the mirrors had two sections different sections and this completely eliminated the blind spot.  I really missed this on my RX.  However, I have set up my driver side mirror now so that it is at it's maximum outward setting - in other words I cannot see the side or back of the car in it.  This has helped a great deal and has picked up quite a few cars that I would have missed if I was trying to use it as a normal rear view mirror (I have the internal one for that).

Mike

• 2 months later...

I now have a F sport RX450h without blind spot mirrors and can honestly say the mirrors I have are superb. Absolutely no need for that useless gimmick blind spot. I'm a professional hgv driver by the way.

On 6/2/2018 at 2:46 PM, Comedian said:

I really like it. One of the better useful tech additions. Especially rear cross traffic aspect of it.

I'm not sure it can be described as rubbish because it does actually work.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

The rear cross aspect is brilliant when trying to reverse out of a supermarket parking space if next to a van or SUV when it's not possible to see though its windows.

7 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

The rear cross aspect is brilliant when trying to reverse out of a supermarket parking space if next to a van or SUV when it's not possible to see though its windows.

I tend to find the reversing camera has a fairly wide angle so you can see a little bit around corners to allow easing out.

• Like 1