Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Too many sticky posts?

Too many sticky posts?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are there too many sticky posts?

• Yes, too many. We don’t need all those
    • No. They are all necessary

2 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

I do agree it is annoying, especially the link to frozen nav screen that's been on there for years...... 

Agree

I’m also not interested in equipment specifications. Seems odd they’ve been made into stickies.

Who decided on what is going to be a sticky?

You know what's more annoying..........

People who quote a whole post with multiple pictures in and then make a one line comment. 

WTF do I need to scroll past the whole post again when I've already read it once. It just runs down the batteries in my mouse quicker :tongue_ss:

<\rant mode=off>

• Like 4

quicker :tongue_ss:

Yes, maybe they don't realise you can edit out the image code. It's is annoying.

Although I never see the stickies as I just Press for new content.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Martin F said:

People who quote a whole post with multiple pictures in and then make a one line comment. 

WTF do I need to scroll past the whole post again when I've already read it once. It just runs down the batteries in my mouse quicker :tongue_ss:

<\rant mode=off>

You should start a whole new thread on this separate issue 😀

16 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Ditto, straight in to the new stuff 😉

It is irrelevant how you choose to use the user interface or if your use that crap taptalk thing. The whole point of this thread concerns the content of the stickies. 

I can understand  things like Cheltenham’s anniversary meet being a sticky, or Lexus recalls - but who in their right mind is bothered about ISF / GSF / RCF specs? There’s no consistency.

3 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

It is irrelevant how you choose to use the user interface or if your use that crap taptalk thing. The whole point of this thread concerns the content of the stickies. 

I can understand  things like Cheltenham’s anniversary meet being a sticky, or Lexus recalls - but who in their right mind is bothered about ISF / GSF / RCF specs? There’s no consistency.

The point being until you posted this I'd never actually noticed any stickies, so thanks for the educational thread.

How does this abundance of stickies affect your use/enjoyment of the forum?

As with a quite large number of threads posted here, if I'm not interested I don't read them.  Conversely there may well be those who appreciate a constant, easily found repository of model specs?

So, I guessing but the administrators of the forum believe these stickies are useful and the consistency is in the fact they are all stickies.

I've not checked (as I rarely view the entire forum) but do the stickies regarding meet-ups and such events, get 'un-stuck' once the event has passed? 

1 minute ago, NemesisUK said:

The point being until you posted this I'd never actually noticed any stickies, so thanks for the educational thread.

As with a quite large number of threads posted here, if I'm not interested I don't read them.  Conversely there may well be those who appreciate a constant, easily found repository of model specs?

So, I guessing but the administrators of the forum believe these stickies are useful and the consistency is in the fact they are all stickies.

I've not checked (as I rarely view the entire forum) but do the stickies regarding meet-ups and such events, get 'un-stuck' once the event has passed? 

No idea how it gets decided. But plenty of threads are surely more important than F Specs?

If yourself and others don’t see these stickies, what’s the point in having them anyway?

When I last looked at the vote, the majority of people found them annoying BTW.

Moderators - as most people find the stickies annoying, can you please unstick them. I'm sure if they are important - they'll stay at the top anyway

Just now, GibletPH said:

The vote is tied 😉

And can you explain why you find the current stickies so vitally important? That way I can get my head around something that seems totally illogical.

3 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

And can you explain why you find the current stickies so vitally important? That way I can get my head around something that seems totally illogical.

It’s no different to other marque and model specific forums that I frequent. Newbies can check the stickied threads for information without having to start new threads. I for one used the ISF specification thread recently when I was looking at buying another ISF. 

I don’t understand why people are so wound up by them

1 minute ago, GibletPH said:

It’s no different to other marque and model specific forums that I frequent. Newbies can check the stickied threads for information without having to start new threads. I for one used the ISF specification thread recently when I was looking at buying another ISF. 

I don’t understand why people are so wound up by them

So, let me get this right. New user's - the minority of users, find the stickies useful. 

As an example, we have the 'frozen nav' sticky. It's been a sticky since the jurassic period. Surely, any normal person would just Google 'Lexus frozen nav'? The sticky is just unnecessary.

Fine, have stickies, but the content should be useful to the masses, not just 1 person out a hundred who somehow manages to freeze their nav screen (and is incapable of using Google or Youtube).

10 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

You didn't enlighten, I'm still curious?

You appear uncharacteristically grumpy about something relatively trivial

Just now, NemesisUK said:

You didn't enlighten, I'm still curious?

Meant for me?

If so, I'll swap you for an answer to - "Which of the current stickies do you honestly find useful / important"?

The answer to your question is in my original post. The stickies take up the most of the screen on a mobile device. It's unnecessary. It's enough putting up with the adds - the stickies are simply additional clutter.

And @NemesisUK, in contrast, you're forum area is more sensibly managed with just ONE sticky.

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 21.14.34.png

We on the other hand have, what 5 or 6. Why do we need 3 stickies telling us what cars have cup holders and LSDs? Why can't there be one sticky covering all F specifications. Even better NONE.

1 minute ago, Flytvr said:

Meant for me?

If so, I'll swap you for an answer to - "Which of the current stickies do you honestly find useful / important"?

The answer to your question is in my original post. The stickies take up the most of the screen on a mobile device. It's unnecessary. It's enough putting up with the adds - the stickies are simply additional clutter.

Sorry I was editting my post.

I don't see the stickies as I said I just use the new content option. I concur with the post above regards newbies looking for information.

I can see how it would be irksome if one uses Tapatalk or the like but again even on my mobile I just use the standard browser pages

1 minute ago, NemesisUK said:

Sorry I was editting my post.

I don't see the stickies as I said I just use the new content option. I concur with the post above regards newbies looking for information.

I can see how it would be irksome if one uses Tapatalk or the like but again even on my mobile I just use the standard browser pages

I only ever look at the F section. I have a link to that section and every time I use the link, I get a page full of irrelevant stickies. The only defence I've heard so far is 'it is useful to new comers'. Weak I think. Who knows what the defence would be for the 'one person is 100, once got a frozen nav screen and couldn't use Google' would be!!!?

To be fair its close ..hardly most people😉 and there's nothing in it. 

If you look at the stickies for some of the older models you will see that the 'views' often outweigh views on other subjects, I view the forum on a nice HD screen on my PC and I don't even notice them but I guess on a phone it could be annoying. 

I voted keep them. Id like to see stickies with pdf manuals to download if possible, my recent purchase only came with a pdf and a link on here I'm sure would assist others. 

1 minute ago, doog442 said:

To be fair its close ..hardly most people😉 and there's nothing in it. 

If you look at the stickies for some of the older models you will see that the 'views' often outweigh views on other subjects, I view the forum on a nice HD screen on my PC and I don't even notice them but I guess on a phone it could be annoying. 

I voted keep them. Id like to see stickies with pdf manuals to download if possible, my recent purchase only came with a pdf and a link on here I'm sure would assist others. 

Trouble if you have a sticky for PDF manuals, and Fred has a sticky for the one day in 1000 that his nav screen has frozen, and John who wants to know what coffee cups are fitted to what model, we might as well have a page for stickies.

NOW THERE'S AN IDEA. One sticky - a link to all stickies!!!!

I love how worked up you are getting over it. I have no issues with it taking up most of my screen (using in Iphone X)

For what it’s worth a FAQ sticky with answers to common questions and links to threads makes sense. 

1 minute ago, GibletPH said:

I love how worked up you are getting over it. 

For what it’s worth a FAQ sticky with answers to common questions and links to threads makes sense. 

Neh, you've read it wrong - I don't get worked up over forums.

Glad you like my idea 😀👍

How can we get the mods to interact?