Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Too many sticky posts?

Too many sticky posts?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are there too many sticky posts?

• Yes, too many. We don’t need all those
    • No. They are all necessary

On 6/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, NemesisUK said:

I've not checked (as I rarely view the entire forum) but do the stickies regarding meet-ups and such events, get 'un-stuck' once the event has passed? 

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guides should be posted within the tutorials section and not stickies. Although I like the idea of have a notable threads type post and only mods add threads that are worthy of a mention and would be very handy to members.

I am not a fan of stickies, i believe they should only be sticky for a certain period of time then fall back to a normal post. Stickies make the forum section look outdated and cumbersome. 

• Like 4

Sticky threads seem to be a consequence of car forums\clubs which do not have proper web content, which is a lot of clubs in this age of social media. 

Maybe it would be possible to have an FAQ sub forum within the F-Forum where these information threads could reside, but let's not do that until Dav has learnt not to quote posts with 101 pictures in them :lol1:

I while heartedly apologise if I have  annoyed you or anyone by quoting image heavy posts. I am not very technical you see boyo. 😀  Give me  a bit of time and hopefully I can catch up with you techno gurus 😀

Sticky threads seem to be a consequence of car forums\clubs which do not have proper web content, which is a lot of clubs in this age of social media. 
Maybe it would be possible to have an FAQ sub forum within the F-Forum where these information threads could reside, but let's not do that until Dav has learnt not to quote posts with 101 pictures in them [emoji38]1:

This software has an add-on called pages where posts can be promoted to articles or articles made from scratch. It works very well. Other members tend to link to pages if someone has missed the info.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

@Flytvr - Issue is that with everyone replying to a thread named "Too many Sticky Posts" this post itself has become a sticky in it's own right (including this reply) 😉

So...  until this post gets deleted I think we should all just keep replying to it just to wind you up further.

You reap what you sow 😉

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Martin F said:

Dav - Believe me it's not a major annoyance, but it has made me think twice about joining the carbon appreciation club :yahoo:

😂😂😂

Trust me, there is no carbon appreciation club. 

There are however two clubs that carbon ownership gives you membership to -

1. TVD bashing club

2.  Carbon bashing club

😜😜

8 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@Flytvr - Issue is that with everyone replying to a thread named "Too many Sticky Posts" this post itself has become a sticky in it's own right (including this reply) 😉

So...  until this post gets deleted I think we should all just keep replying to it just to wind you up further.

You reap what you sow 😉

Surely an argument for making this thread a sticky 😜👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links