Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My front headlamps have that cloudy, misty thing going on.  After reading numerous reviews on amazon, I finally plumped for "K2 Pro Lamp Doctor", which not only sounds impressive in itself, it had numerous glowing reviews.  And the price was much cheaper than many kits, although this was just the solution, no buffing pads that can be attached to drills.

So this lunchtime I taped up my lights, applied the K2 Pro Lamp Doctor, waited a little while for it to do it's thing.... buffed it off again.... reapplied, waited, buffed it with a magic sponge, then with another clean microfibre... - used a lot of elbow grease also...

Result?  Not much difference to be honest!

Looks like I'll have to try with some pads which attach to the end of a drill.  Just hope that will actually make a difference.... anyone have any experience?

maybe take your car to a local independent body repair shop and ask them to work a little magic on your lamp covers ....  shouldn't be too expensive and it will work

They make busted cars look like new very often and can use their trade products that are more effective than retail stuff.

Malc

• Like 1

I used some bog standard t-cut on the wife's Honda and they came up a treat. I believe I need to put some protection on them to prevent the haze coming  back but not sure what to use.

• Like 1

If they are plastic,on my wife’s ford c max I used 1500 and 2000 grit wet and dry,and sanded in a cross cross (instructions on line somewhere)and then buff out the scratches with a machine polisher.Very good results and they were really bad to start with,if they aren’t to bad you could use finer wet and dry.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 5:58 PM, Ala Larj said:

I used some bog standard t-cut on the wife's Honda and they came up a treat. I believe I need to put some protection on them to prevent the haze coming  back but not sure what to use.

I brought some of this stuff

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A3S1RGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links