Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What are folks using to clean interior glass? I do not seem to be able to get mine clean without smearing/ marks etc. I have recently used Autoglym Fast Glass with microfibre cloths. A valet once said to me that all glass cleaners say they don't leave smears but they all do. Any advice gratefully received.

35 minutes ago, Balthane said:

What are folks using to clean interior glass? I do not seem to be able to get mine clean without smearing/ marks etc. I have recently used Autoglym Fast Glass with microfibre cloths. A valet once said to me that all glass cleaners say they don't leave smears but they all do. Any advice gratefully received.

Meths is what i use brings them up lovely. Best using paper towel instead of microfibre.

1 hour ago, madasahatter said:

Best using paper towel instead of microfibre.

I've found paper towels give better results than microfibre. Renew often. Keep buffing until you don't feel the clean towel dragging 

I have always cleaned the interior glass with the cloth I have used to buff the car after waxing it - I have never had any issues with streaks or swirls since doing this and in using this cloth its not applying wax really, just the residue it has wiped off.

Its not the glass cleaner but the cloth you use.

MF will always leave smears. 

I use Nilco glass cleaner from B&Q with the home bargains glass cloths. No smears for me and no need to get out the chalky glass polish