Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well done, nice job. I don't think I would have removed headlight unit though, but I suppose there's less chance of damaging paintwork.

My Nighbour has a couple of Mercedes, the headlights on those seem prone to going cloudy. I've never had it on any car I've owned.

9 hours ago, MLW said:

Why not stick to glass. Every owner wants simple clear glass, but every manufacturer says  no!

Agree glass is better, but I assume weight saving means removing any glass you can.

To date I have just been using T-Cut on the headlights about once a year, not as clear as new, but good enough, and becuase I do not re-coat with UV protector, they do go dull after about 6 to 9 months.

One day I'll get around to to them properly, but suspect I would leave the lights in situ and just mask around the bodywork. 

9 hours ago, MLW said:

Why not stick to glass. Every owner wants simple clear glass, but every manufacturer says  no!

I think glass lenses are generally universally banned for road safety reasons now, manufacturers have no choice but to go for non-glass

Malc

Glass is a winner for me - saves on those  P&O Deflectors - juut use a piece of silver Duct tape stuck initially to a Post Office 100 peel off stamp paper or any grease proof so can be cut into the correct shape and when return to UK, peel off and old fashioned razor blade gets rid of any glue left on the lens.  Must have saved me £200 by now!