Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone fancy a high mileage 600h?

So, does anyone fancy an LS600h with 250k + miles on the clock with 22+ Lexus dealer stamps? Seems like its had almost £10k worth of servicing alone!

Looks remarkably clean for those miles.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703193455971?sort=price-desc&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=wf177rs&minimum-mileage=200000&page=2

Hmm don't tempt me  - am thinking about replacing the LS400 - this could tempt me - I'm a sucker for a big mileage bargain - just a worry there could be some significant repair bills around the corner although unlikely given the legendary Lexus reliability.

Yes I did look at the top one - it's only about 12 mikes from me, prefer the colour of the higher mileage one but the other one could be a steal particularly if he will go even lower - guessing he will be keen to sell having purchased the CLS63

I've also been thinking about this specific one what with 22 Lexus service stamps and stellar miles and at maybe a sensible price ......  I've also been looking at a P reg 1996 Bentley on autotrader too  ( the last of the Rolls Royce factory made cars ) ...........  then I got to thinking sensibly too ..........  both cars might just suddenly cost me big £££££ even though right now they are probably in splendid condition ........  my Ls400 I KNOW is unlikely to cost me more than the price of a couple of new Bentley tyres in servicing costs over the coming year and neither,  likely a fraction of the cost of 4 air struts on the Ls600 if they go in my time with the beast ............. 

I can afford both cars, individually and together and also the dopey costs if they go awry on me ......  and the ' other half '  understands my old age and need for maybe another car too

BUT why would I, I know my Ls400 and think I'll stick with her until I have to part company through some dreadful reason or other ...........  I'll just keep looking at the adverts ......Oh, and visiting Classic Car Shows too ..........  next one tomorrow, just up the road on Sheppey  ................  that might satiate my need :whistling1: 

Malc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

So, does anyone fancy an LS600h with 250k +

Ive never been in a 600 but 250k is not what I would call high mileage, well serviced Volvo 740 & 760's would get that & more & they (mine) were manufactured  around early late 1980's I think into early 1990's, but I dont think they compared better or even equal to a well serviced LS.

eBay list Volvo 740's

https://bit.ly/2kLF3d0

Malc - I'm in exactly the same boat, can afford it and any associated running costs but guess I would be annoyed if I ran into a load of costs that would not have cropped up in my LS400. Since buying my 911 as a treat to myself I also feel I should offset it by keeping the LS400 rather than buying a newer second/everyday car. I always thought I'd replace my LS with something like the Rx450h, ultimately I am looking for something akin to when I purchased the LS e.g something that is nice to drive, doesn't go wrong and will last me at least 15 years like my LS has, not sure a LS600 fits those requirements but would still be a nice purchase I am sure, perhaps I need to go and have a drive in one.

It was the mileage and the condition that's impressed me. Looks like it's genuinely had no expense spared in comparison to the no expense spared apart from the bodywork, tyres, wheels, servicing and pretty much everything else

at 251k miles and Lexus stamps it's inevitable that it's been well looked after and everything's been done that's cropped up from time to time ...  it must be impossible to run any car up to that mileage without brilliant servicing and care ....HOWEVER           that doesn't mean to say that there's not another bloody great big bombshell just around the corner ........  that's almost inevitable too if one wants to actually drive the car every day and not preserve it in aspic .........

And we're not used to our cars being off the road for long awaiting repair ..........  my indy has told me before ( several times now )  that if i buy a Bentley or a RR then it will spend as much time with him being repaired as it will with me .. AND the bills will be huge too for sure.  He keeps telling me just to keep to what I know, a Ls400 that i can actually drive all day every day, confidently drive around europe with and in comfort too, with lots of power etc should I ever need it ☺️

My mind's made up ! .........................  well, until the next time :whistling1: 

Malc

Agree with the Volvo sentiment but I think the difference is that if you pay a few hundred quid for a car that needs a massive repair you don’t feel too bad writing it off, if you pay ten grand for a 600h and it then hits you with a massive bill then it becomes a bit more tricky as to what you should do.

17 hours ago, Nick W858 said:

is that if you pay a few hundred quid for a car that needs a massive repair you don’t feel too bad writing it off, if you pay ten grand for a 600h and it then hits you with a massive bill then it becomes a bit more tricky

Thats all quite true + on top of that an LS600 has 'probably' been bought & is selling by someone or a company who might have got the best 'problem free expense free period' out of it & as 'Lexus priced' bits & pieces of things start to need replacing they simply sell it on & get another new car of some kind & get back to 'problem free expense free period' again for another few years OR another few hundred thousand miles & let someone else pay the very expensive patch ups, in effect & practice those folks are always driving an almost new, problem free car & 'upgrading' it often.

For those who can afford these things that system pays + their thinking would not be that they will still have it in 20 years or what the life expectancy is of it, though I did notice prince Harry & Megan were whizzing around Windsor in an ancient RR the other week.

All materials known to man deteriorate with age & wear.