Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Cam

Poundy

I have been thinking of fitting a front & rear dash cam system to the CT200h. Looked at the Nextbase Duo which has some good reviews but am a bit concerned that the rear is viewed via the front mounted camera instead of a seperate rear mounted unit and as such may give a restricted rear recording. Any members having fitted cams, I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

I have the duo in my ct and its perfect. I will put pics up tommorow for you. It does requires 2mins getting the right height to face out the rear but the rear cam pics up either side of rear screen. When i first tried it i downlosded and viewed the rear cam journey and it is good enough to get registrations. But then if your hit youd stop anyway. 

People will recomend two cameras or different brands but this one has been excellent for me. Pics tommorow

I have a unit that has a separate rear cam that is powered by, and wired to, the front cam, but is mounted on the rear window. The front cam is 1080p but the rear is 720p. The rear privacy glass means the picture isn't as clear as it could be, but I can make out number plates, which is the most important thing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, thar said:

I have a unit that has a separate rear cam that is powered by, and wired to, the front cam, but is mounted on the rear window. The front cam is 1080p but the rear is 720p. The rear privacy glass means the picture isn't as clear as it could be, but I can make out number plates, which is the most important thing.

Me too.  It's this one :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/i-Tentek-B40D-Dual-Camera-Capacitor-Version-Stealth-Dash-Cam-170A-Wide-Angle/132588656676?epid=2123190138&hash=item1edee65824:g:2hcAAOSw6sRa16nV

Works very well.

Not the same make as mine but looks almost identical. Mine's an Apeman and I got it from amazon.

Not the best pictures, but busy day lol. The duo works for me. Yes the rear is a little restricted but i find the video playback is fine. Better than the pics show . Its swings and roundabouts .this is the quick easy solution and if for any reason it needs resetting its easy to do. Cams in rear windows require more work to fit and obviously move with the tailgate. They will give a better picture obviously. The duo does work though else it wouldnt sell.

E72A66DB-49B7-4283-88F7-1D83B4A3B193.jpeg

E6EC4D19-4E15-4676-8AF2-B4A7919398C7.jpeg

14121CD8-1E5F-48A2-926E-5AA7AABDA274.jpeg

Thanks for the review and pic. Might have a look into this as I’m looking to get a dash cam as well for my CT and IS. 

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I decided to go with the Nextbase Duo and find the one unit up front with the rear Telephoto lense works well and keeps everything nice and tidy. Perhaps taking out the unused middle headrest would improve the view but I am happy with the results for now. The main thing is having the camera in view to deter any cash for crash scammers. Halfords labour for fitting and hard wiring into fuse box cost £10 so that was a done deal.

vlcsnap-2018-06-10-21h52m06s345.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-10-21h29m27s610.png

The rear coverage is surprisingly good.

By not having the rear camera mounted near the back of the vehicle, you're just loosing a bit of wide angle coverage.

The install cost was a bargain :thumbup1:

Good choice, your pictures are so much better than mine. You can see reg plates in rear cam. Had mine 6months now and been faultless + if it needs resetting or adjusting its in arms reach . My mate has a rear cam and everytime he shuts his tailgate it moves. Just one less problem with the duo.

• Like 2

The rear image looks nice and clear but, if you've got anything other than 3 little 'uns in the back, the coverage is going to be somewhat restricted I would have thought.  There is no movement of my rear camera when I open and close the tailgate.

On 6/12/2018 at 1:19 PM, bluenose1940 said:

The rear image looks nice and clear but, if you've got anything other than 3 little 'uns in the back, the coverage is going to be somewhat restricted I would have thought.  There is no movement of my rear camera when I open and close the tailgate.

In all fairness I wasn't really bothered about the rear cam it was just a bonus. The main objective was to record scammers diving on the bonnet or reversing into the car etc. The car is rarely used with more than 1 or 2 on board as it's the wifes run around. I use it for local use save getting the XF out which is not keen on the very short trips, but we both really like the CT especially it's no tax and low running costs, I think it will be a long term car for us. UTV!😄