Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Confused between 220 and 250 headunits

Im wanting to upgrade my standard headunit in my 220d but all the ones listed are for the 250

Even thou the CD player section looks the same I'm LED to believe the plugs behind are different.

I have the p3831 unit that has the mw/dab button and my upper unit has the menu enter button

Mine is a 2010 model can anyone confirm that the plugs are the same on both cars ????

I would retro fit the lexus sat nav unit but im assuming that it's not just a case of getting the unit and extra bit of loom

Thsnks

20180531_220614.jpg

Hi Richard,

Sorry, I am a little confused;  What is it you want to upgrade?

Unfortunately, you are correct that adding the Sat Nav unit isn't a straightforward swap.

The only difference I am aware of between the 220d and 250 units is that the 250 ones have an auto recirculate feature that is missing on the diesel.  As for the wiring, I am afraid it is probably a case of taking yours off and having a look at how it is wired.  Luckily, it isn't actually that hard to remove should you want to have a look. 

The main difference it seems to be the year and functionality. I guess majority of head units from IS250 you find are like 2006 models, so no DAB + as @Shahpor mentioned IS250 has auto re-circulation. As you woudl be re-retrofitting I am sure you would need to retrofit GPS antena as well .

Finally, standard Lexus sat-nav is so terrible I cannot see any reason to retrofit-it. I know it is not that neat, but any aftermarket sat-nav would run circles around it, even free phone app is on another level in terms of speed, accuracy, live traffic etc. So I guess my advise is just to get decent phone holder with charger.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links