Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Panel Respay

Bobski

So that is the question.

Would you expect to see a faultless respay, or possibly a few faults such as dimples or specs in paint, slight differences in texture of paint job etc. ?

Check out where its being painted and if they have an oven, if it's keep at a nice temp, there should be no orange peeling, also this can happen if they try to do a rush job.

Though... (Here it comes)... If anyone can recommmend a place in hampshire that'd be great :winky:

All in all it should be almost the same.

Check out where its being painted and if they have an oven, if it's keep at a nice temp, there should be no orange peeling, also this can happen if they try to do a rush job.

Though... (Here it comes)... If anyone can recommmend a place in hampshire that'd be great :winky:

All in all it should be almost the same.

i got my bonnet done recently,lovely job,put in an oven ,great,let down slightly by not painting around the washer jets,gonna have a word when i get my roof spoiler on.

spot on mate the run of the mill bloke will not notice so they don't care .my father in law backed his audi twice to the workshop that resprayed his front end and it was not until he mentioned his 25 years running his own workshop (panel beater ) that they finaly did it properly ,I think the majority of work these garages do are on company cars and most company car drivers are not that botherd with the quality .

If anyone can recommmend a place in hampshire that'd be great

There is a very good bodyshop just on the Hants/Berkshire border, they are:-

Headley Bodyshop

Harrow Garage

Headley

Hants

Telephone 01635 268405

Ask for Ivan (he is one of the owners)

We do alot of work for them (electrical) and send loads of customers to them that are all very happy with the finished Job, tell them Maria from D's sent you and you will be looked after.

Hope this is of some help.

Maria

Guest mark_tsang
It should match the original paint with no dimples or specs .some new paint can look a bit orange peely in texture  compared to the original .

& make sure no 'flattening effects' visible, caused when paintwork is rubbed down & over spray when masked up windows/trims, paint can flake off later on. this happens when people dont take glass/ trim off to re spray.

all depends on what or who are paying

the old saying of "you get what you pay for" comes to mind

if it is an insurance job, you should insist on a perfect finish to match the state of the existing paintwork

if you are paying for it, ensure that when you ask for a quote you tell them how YOU want the end result to look, obviously this may well reflect in the price, but you will be able to insist on a perfect finish

at the end of the day it should not be any different to the original finish or noticable that any work has taken place

Well this is supposed to be a TOYOTA/Lexus approved repairer.

I think i might name and shame.

Its an insurance job, and only for paintwork scratch.

To be honest i would prefer them to refund my like excess back and take it to another bodyshop.

Anyone know what rights i have??