Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is there any common faults with the passenger mirror not facing down when selecting Reverse? Mine used to work now and then but has now stopped completely.

Mk4 400,

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The little left/right switch on the mirror adjusting pad needs to set to left if you want the left mirror to dip, set it to right if you want the right mirror to dip.

If the switch is in the middle position neither mirror will dip.

Maybe your switch has been moved to the centre position.

Steve.

The little left/right switch on the mirror adjusting pad needs to set to left if you want the left mirror to dip, set it to right if you want the right mirror to dip.
Steve.
Sorry Steve forgot to mention I always have it set to the left position

OK, maybe you need to take the glass out of the mirror housing and check the moving parts.

It might just need a good clean, I know my mirror housings seem to be home to all sorts of creepy crawlies.

My mirror used to move down slightly on its own each time I started up - I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and it resolved the issue. Maybe worth a try
Mine has done that a couple of times. Would try it but I don't have the stereo code. Or do the namachaki ones not have a code?

The mirror mechanism on all models suffer from being gunked up and lacking lubricant.  Taking the glass out and cleaning the moving parts seems to work in most cases.

Connor, do you a UK MkIV? I'm pretty sure it's not Nakamichi gear, but Panasonic.

Have you checked there is actually a code programmed in?

The mirror mechanism on all models suffer from being gunked up and lacking lubricant.  Taking the glass out and cleaning the moving parts seems to work in most cases.
The glass needs replacing anyway as it's discoloured. Will any aftermarket dimming ones work or must they be Lexus?

Connor, do you a UK MkIV? I'm pretty sure it's not Nakamichi gear, but Panasonic.
Have you checked there is actually a code programmed in?
How would I check without taking the stereo out? Don't want to be locked out of music trying to find out lol. But yes a I have a UK mk4

58 minutes ago, Connor2x4 said:

The glass needs replacing anyway as it's discoloured. Will any aftermarket dimming ones work or must they be Lexus?

I've looked at this in the past for my LS's and the only info I've found is main dealer or non dimming from eBay or similar. The main dealer glass is a ridiculous £250 or there about, so I just bought a non dimming one for £9 made to fit the LS.  I found that I could stick it over the existing glass with silicone and it still heated OK.  I don't think another type of dimming glass will work.  I did take the old one out before fixing the new one to it so I could get the plastic trim round it again, looked fine I think.  None of my 4 LS's have had radio codes either.

6 hours ago, Redsteve said:

brilliant advice, thank you

Wondered why the Honda Legend mirrors were not always dipping proper. Now I know.  Thank you

Malc

The radio code used to be the last 3 digits of the VIN No.    Nakamichi,  Panasonic or Pioneer.
Seems the previous owner has set a general security code for the touchscreen unit. Is there any way to clear this if I'm unable to get into contact with previous owner?

Apparently Lexus (at least in the US) can provide an override code to get you going. Chances with a 20 year old car here...

Others with the same difficulty: 

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:07 PM, Redsteve said:

Steve.

Perfectly correct. Mine had 'gone off' as I had the setting in the middle as it 'looked better'. Switch to the left and it all works perfectly.