Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water ingress in boot (IS 300H)

Ok - so i had noticed some water ingress when  opening the boot after a downpour - it appeared to be coming from the plastic shroud which covers the curved boot struts.  It looked as though water ran into the shroud when opening the boot whilst the car was still wet and then when the boot was fully open it tipped the water from the shroud to the inside boot floor.

Investigated a bit further and the carpet was wet on the underside of the parcel shelf in the boot - there are some painted bump stops mounted on the bulkhead which you can by putting your head in the boot and looking upwards - sure enough there were a few dots of rust forming!  Car is now in the dealership and they have confirmed that the rear window bonding has failed on the offside and is allowing water in.  Happily the car is still under warranty and this will be fixed by lexus.

For clarity my car is "65" plate.  Any other owners experiencing dribbles of water into the boot after rain i would suggest checking the areas i mentioned and if you find any moisture chances are you might have the same issue.

Again Lexus Bradford - super effort & speedy diagnosis 

Lexus Bradford are great for warranty issues.

Will need to go for my Airbag sensor replacement so will have the Driver's seat looked at and the rear door seals (known problem on the RX but mine was OK until now)

Rayyans, whats wrong with your drivers seat? had my cushion and complete base unit with motors replaced on mine (RX450). Will also be booking in at Bradford for the airbag recall and whats the known problem with door seals

9 hours ago, chris_fletcher said:

Rayyans, whats wrong with your drivers seat? had my cushion and complete base unit with motors replaced on mine (RX450). Will also be booking in at Bradford for the airbag recall and whats the known problem with door seals

The same thing that happened to yours.  Was fine when I looked at it when yours had done it but seems to have done exactly the same thing as yours did since then and in the same place. Who did you speak to at Bradford about the seat?

Rear door outer seal sticky tape is a bit poor so will come off in the middle. Mines coming off from the top in hot weather but sticks back on in the cold.

Checked the IS to make sure it wasn't wet inside and it's fine. Can't see any rust too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links