Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HELP! Looking to potentially do a few mods on My ISF Ideas on a postcard please!

Ok to try and be of more use Jay, I am considering an exhaust change myself at the moment. I though the car sounded fantastic until I visited youtube 😞

I also dont want anything over the top. The Hayward and Scott seems to give a nice not over the top sound, guarantees no drone and replaces the fake tailpipes with real ones that look like stock, its just quite costly.

I have recently also been looking at just axel back exhausts. I heard a car with the mufflers removed and it sounded great but was a little over the top and droney so I dont think thats for me. A friend recently had race mufflers fitted to his 5.0 mustang and that sounds spot on now, a little fruitier than stock but not offensive. The only example of this I can find on an ISF is where someone has had a magnaflow centre build them an axel back with a set of race mufflers but the exhaust is now single exit and I dont want them to be even faker.

There is a good custom exhaust place near to me called pipewerx so I am  considering asking them to build me something or seeing if H&S above will do just an axel back.

• Like 2

Seriously considered a H&S a few months back. But just couldn't justify the cost either. Let me know any progress you make with axle back systems.

For OP, I opted for a Takeda intake (imported from the US). Supposed to give a little power (doubtful), but make the intake noise a whole lot better! Cheapest way of liberating a little more V8 growl. I think you need to be a bit more specific on the type of mods you are interested in, and maybe a budget too.

• Like 1

Hi,

I’ve probably owned or tried most things over the years, so happy to help. Do need to know your budget though? I know Rafi over at RR-Racing is about to launch a new setup, but for me you can’t go wrong with the H&S systems.

Yes, not cheap, but lifetime warranty if you decide to keep the car, and fit and finish on mine was spot on. I do think you get what you pay for in this case, and the sound is intoxicating. 

Best of luck with your mods, and let me know if you need any help.

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 3

I’ve done a few little cheapish mods to mine over the 10 months of ownership (most likely more to come).

Started with the Apexi throttle controller, which for around a hundred quid is a steal (eBay have a 10% sale on today so might be worth grabbing one!).

Next was the USRS which really tighten up the front end and reduce the dreaded inner tyre wear. 

I then fitted an exhaust valve with wireless remote. There’s a thread on it if you’re interested. For me it was the perfect solution of having a stock sound when required but when the time is right, releasing the beast!!

I’ve got the new Grom Vline on pre-order. If you want to have android apps on the nav screen or even CarPlay its a great solution.

Finally I ordered a Tom’s replica carbon fibre kit a couple of days ago. Just makes the car seem a little more aggressive without being OTT.

Hope that’s given you a few ideas!

• Like 2

Nice set of mods. Got the Apexi and USRS myself too. Recommended!

How much is the new Grom Vline, and have they sorted out the various issues they were having with it before?

13 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Nice set of mods. Got the Apexi and USRS myself too. Recommended!

How much is the new Grom Vline, and have they sorted out the various issues they were having with it before?

The V2 was £375 on preorder, not sure how much it is now. I think most of the bugs have gone now. I’m literally just getting it to have Waze and Spotify through the head unit. As long as it can do that, I’ll be very happy!

Have you done anything else to yours?

Just a Takeda intake.

Checked on the Vline website. V2 is only available for 06-09. I've got a 2011 and looks like you've got a 2010.
Is there a version for our model year cars I'm not seeing?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Just a Takeda intake.

Checked on the Vline website. V2 is only available for 06-09. I've got a 2011 and looks like you've got a 2010.
Is there a version for our model year cars I'm not seeing?

How are you finding the Takeda?  I like the noise but not 100% convinced on it yet.  I am pleased it keeps the dual stage noise as was concerned it would just be loud from the off.

I also fitted it before exhaust so haven't actually heard exhaust on its own.  May swap back to stock briefly to compare.

I had a custom exhaust on my last ISF which was based on the Joe Z design but with the addition of a remote valve. 

Current ISF has the H&S system with the X Pipe. It’s a close call on which one I prefer after having watched videos of my old one.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:12 AM, C.B said:

Ok to try and be of more use Jay, I am considering an exhaust change myself at the moment. I though the car sounded fantastic until I visited youtube 😞

I also dont want anything over the top. The Hayward and Scott seems to give a nice not over the top sound, guarantees no drone and replaces the fake tailpipes with real ones that look like stock, its just quite costly.

I have recently also been looking at just axel back exhausts. I heard a car with the mufflers removed and it sounded great but was a little over the top and droney so I dont think thats for me. A friend recently had race mufflers fitted to his 5.0 mustang and that sounds spot on now, a little fruitier than stock but not offensive. The only example of this I can find on an ISF is where someone has had a magnaflow centre build them an axel back with a set of race mufflers but the exhaust is now single exit and I dont want them to be even faker.

There is a good custom exhaust place near to me called pipewerx so I am  considering asking them to build me something or seeing if H&S above will do just an axel back.

Thanks for your input!

id too want something that doesn’t drone.

so maybe the H&S is the option.

do you know the rough cost of a H&S fitted?

id like to keep the original look too if possible but I feel just needs to sound a bit better and let those C63s & M3s know that I’m there 😂😂

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 11:26 AM, Toothy said:

Seriously considered a H&S a few months back. But just couldn't justify the cost either. Let me know any progress you make with axle back systems.

For OP, I opted for a Takeda intake (imported from the US). Supposed to give a little power (doubtful), but make the intake noise a whole lot better! Cheapest way of liberating a little more V8 growl. I think you need to be a bit more specific on the type of mods you are interested in, and maybe a budget too.

Obviously not too over the top in price!

exhaust is priority!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 8:11 PM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@ISF V8 JAY - whereabouts in Dorset are you bud?

I have the Takeda intake and also a Fox cat back exhaust from Germany if you wanted to have a listen 1st hand.

I live in Poole.

I work in Bournemouth and live in Poole.

how have I never seen yours around?!?

the only ones I’ve seen locally is a USB one and black one with black exhaust ends! Looked the business too in black!

yes give me a shout when your about if you could then we could meet up.

thanks 

• Like 1

H&S will build you an exhaust without the tips if you like, so you keep the OEM collectors instead. That was my preference.
They offered a small discount too, as cost price would have been less for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

I work in Bournemouth and live in Poole.

how have I never seen yours around?!?

the only ones I’ve seen locally is a USB one and black one with black exhaust ends! Looked the business too in black!

yes give me a shout when your about if you could then we could meet up.

thanks 

The black one with black exhaust ends could be me and the blue one is more than likely my friend who I work with (at that certain insurance company on a big roundabout)

Yep.  Will get something sorted.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Obviously not too over the top in price!

exhaust is priority!

Any half decent custom place will charge you around a grand. The off the shelf stuff (but made to order) from H&S starts at £1140 - https://www.haywardandscott.com/lexus/lexus-isf.html