Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HELP! Looking to potentially do a few mods on My ISF Ideas on a postcard please!

On 6/13/2018 at 8:35 AM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

The black one with black exhaust ends could be me and the blue one is more than likely my friend who I work with (at that certain insurance company on a big roundabout)

Yep.  Will get something sorted.  

Yes was at the Lv roundabout! Looked the business! The USB one was at my local car wash in Poole. Think I’ve decided I’d like to get the exhaust as I feel the stock exhaust seems too quiet!

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 10:06 AM, GibletPH said:

Any half decent custom place will charge you around a grand. The off the shelf stuff (but made to order) from H&S starts at £1140 - https://www.haywardandscott.com/lexus/lexus-isf.html

Would you recommend the cheaper cat back system?

On 6/8/2018 at 7:15 AM, Peter P18 said:

Hi,

I’ve probably owned or tried most things over the years, so happy to help. Do need to know your budget though? I know Rafi over at RR-Racing is about to launch a new setup, but for me you can’t go wrong with the H&S systems.

Yes, not cheap, but lifetime warranty if you decide to keep the car, and fit and finish on mine was spot on. I do think you get what you pay for in this case, and the sound is intoxicating. 

Best of luck with your mods, and let me know if you need any help.

Cheers,

Pete

Thanks Pete,

looking at the H&S systems.

would the cat back system be loud enough ?

On 6/8/2018 at 10:24 AM, Wellsey said:

I’ve done a few little cheapish mods to mine over the 10 months of ownership (most likely more to come).

Started with the Apexi throttle controller, which for around a hundred quid is a steal (eBay have a 10% sale on today so might be worth grabbing one!).

Next was the USRS which really tighten up the front end and reduce the dreaded inner tyre wear. 

I then fitted an exhaust valve with wireless remote. There’s a thread on it if you’re interested. For me it was the perfect solution of having a stock sound when required but when the time is right, releasing the beast!!

I’ve got the new Grom Vline on pre-order. If you want to have android apps on the nav screen or even CarPlay its a great solution.

Finally I ordered a Tom’s replica carbon fibre kit a couple of days ago. Just makes the car seem a little more aggressive without being OTT.

Hope that’s given you a few ideas!

The carbon fibre kit sounds awesome!

you have any pictures?

46 minutes ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Yes was at the Lv roundabout! Looked the business! The USB one was at my local car wash in Poole. Think I’ve decided I’d like to get the exhaust as I feel the stock exhaust seems too quiet!

Defo mine 🙂

9 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Would you recommend the cheaper cat back system?

It’s all down to personal preference and budget. I prefer the full system, you could always just get some stock backboxes and have them modified?

9 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Thanks Pete,

Hi Jay,

As Gib has stated already, I'd also opt for the full system. If you find it too loud, can always add some extra silencers which is what I did.

Now I am running PPE headers and the supercharger, noise is inevitable! Lol.

I'm actually ok with how loud mine is as a weekend/show/fair weather car. If I had to daily drive it on short journeys I'd probably be ok (although neighbours might get annoyed if I fired it up early every morning!), but the drone/loudness would be an issue if I had regular long distances to cover.

Maybe consider the electronic valve setup others have opted for? That way you can flick a switch for the loud moments you crave, and keep them closed for the more regular/early starts?

Just some thoughts.

Cheers,

Pete :thumbup1:

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 12:39 AM, ISF V8 JAY said:

Thanks Pete,

Here are some examples of mine. Cat Back and intake pipe only. Full details in the description on YouTube.

• Like 2