Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone

I am new to the forum, please be kind. Lol

I own a 1997 Mk1 GS300 Sport and I am absolutely in love with it.

However, it has an issue with the cental locking. It seems to have a very weak signal, when locking and unlocking with the fob I have to stand right next to it and press the lock/unlock button multiple times before it eventually works, sometimes it just won't and I'll have to use the key to lock manually.

I have already replaced the Battery in the fob, but it hasn't made any difference. Today I tried for so long that I ended up using the key and this set off the alarm, fortunately after pressing the unlock button for what felt like an eternity it finally unlocked.

Anyone here had similar issues?

Also, it works perfectly fine when I am in the car.

I'm very much a noob when it comes to working on cars. So as much instruction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Aamir

Welcome to the forum where everyone is kind.

Can you check the voltage on your new and old batteries? My experience of these button cells is that sometimes they are flat even when straight out of the packet. A good "3V" cell should be 3.3V or more when new.

John

sounds silly but true - 

some time ago the Battery on my key kept going flat frequently - i had it replaced by stimpsons(they showed me the readings and it was fully charged) -

while on a visit to lexus milton keynes on another matter, i mentioned it to the receptionist and she suggested that i get a replacement Battery from lexus( i know what you are thinking(rip off( i thought the same)) but  low and behold i have never had any problems since. 

Interesting. It seems to work okay when I am underground, like in a car park. In front of my house it doesn't seem too bad, but any where else it plays up and when I go to any supermarket car park it refuses to work lol.

I'll have to check the voltage of the batteries then I guess. But I would have thought a weak Battery would cause the issue everywhere?

Thanks for input guys

Any more info or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 👍

Aamir

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links