Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It looks as though the drivers door mirror motors have packed up, the mirror will not adjust up or down or left and right - is this an easy fix or is it a new mirror altogether?

The passenger side works fine.

Hi. Is there any whiring sound from the motor when you try to operate it? Are there any plasticy grinding noises or any other kind? If not then it's new mirror motor time.

Hi Steve, had the same problems with passenger mirror that would not drop when selecting reverse or reset to a memory position. I had fortunately for once made the decision of taking lexus warranty and it was covered for the work under that. Initially the motor unit was well lubricated which seemed to make some improvement but not for long.

Lexus quoted nearly £500 for complete mirror unit but eventually changed motor assembly under warranty which was costed at about £185 from memory.

Now have the same problem with drivers side so will have to down same route before warranty runs out.

I did ask about buying second hand mirror but was told (rightly or wrongly) it would have to be coded to the car at Lexus, meaning more expense.

Hope that helps a little.

stu

Is it one motor that covers all directions through some complex gearing or is it two separate motors, one for up/down and one for left/right?

If it's two then I'd think it unusual for both to go faulty at the same time and would be looking for power/electrical problems such as blown fuse(s), bad connectors or broken wiring.

17 hours ago, oldgreybeard said:

Hi Steve, had the same problems with passenger mirror that would not drop when selecting reverse or reset to a memory position. I had fortunately for once made the decision of taking lexus warranty and it was covered for the work under that. Initially the motor unit was well lubricated which seemed to make some improvement but not for long.

Lexus quoted nearly £500 for complete mirror unit but eventually changed motor assembly under warranty which was costed at about £185 from memory.

Now have the same problem with drivers side so will have to down same route before warranty runs out.

I did ask about buying second hand mirror but was told (rightly or wrongly) it would have to be coded to the car at Lexus, meaning more expense.

Hope that helps a little.

stu

The mirror is a replacement unit from a breakers yard, I can hear clicking from where the mirror wiring connects to the terminal block behind the door panel but no movement at the mirror at all, can anyone verify if a new or replacement mirror does have to be coded to the car and if so can it be done using techstream?

If you can hear a clicking get then gears are slipping. I don't know about having to have mirrors coded to the car. As lexus. 

43 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

If you can hear a clicking get then gears are slipping. I don't know about having to have mirrors coded to the car. As lexus. 

The clicking is from the connector behind the door panel not from the mirror.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links