Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ct200h premier bulb access

Shd995

hi i have a premier spec however the bulbs stopped working. my mechanic open the headlamp assembly and could not find the dipped beam (two small LED projectors)bulb port. he told me that the bulbs are part of the housing and that i would need to replace the whole assembly. any ideas on this? I woud find it outrageous that there is no access or ability to change these bulbs and the only resort being to buy  a new headlamp.

Looking at this they only list the high beam bulb as being separate.
4cb5c49b41e7b895c0237ee192d44bc4.png
I have a Premier too and might look at mine later. It’s a horrific price for a headlamp on one of these.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Shd995 said:

hi i have a premier spec however the bulbs stopped working. my mechanic open the headlamp assembly and could not find the dipped beam (two small led projectors)bulb port. he told me that the bulbs are part of the housing and that i would need to replace the whole assembly. any ideas on this? I woud find it outrageous that there is no access or ability to change these bulbs and the only resort being to buy  a new headlamp.

Yes the Premier has an LED unit. The whole unit needs to be changed once they go. 

Its not outrageous, just the way LED units are.. These aren't cheap £10 halogen bulbs we're talking about and all cars with LED light units need the whole unit replaced rather than a bulb

However, Its very unlikely for the unit to fail and I would check for other causes like fuses

so ive handed to dealer theyve told me that theyre gonna have to strip the car down for £288 and see whats happened. furthermorr theyvr charged me £192 inspection fee. This is all despite me having purchase 2 year extended warranty!! im furious!!!