Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

£30-£40k for a modern V8

AMG C63S coupe - having driven a saloon version at MB world two weeks ago I was frankly a bit taken aback by just how good it was!!

I’d only driven the more powerful CLS before that but the C was just better full stop. Very impressive.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

E90 M3 saloon.

Awesome car.  You would struggle to find one over 30k now though.  Decent ones can be had in the 20k - 30k band.  They also aren't "modern" according to the OP as modern cars are 2015 onwards.  There I was thinking that the Ferrari 458 Italia was an old shed.

So...  20k on the e90 M3 and 10k on a fun bus 🙂

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Got to be a Maserati Ghibli  for me I know they are S*+% but just for a while..... a little while.... while... it’s..... still :driving:

21D761FF-A330-4A87-BAF4-749693B0E30E.thumb.jpeg.99f7fc96fdcce5328b895678969396da.jpeg

Big Rat

I thought they were only V6, not V8, Am I missing something? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Got to be a Maserati Ghibli  for me I know they are S*+% but just for a while..... a little while.... while... it’s..... still :driving:

21D761FF-A330-4A87-BAF4-749693B0E30E.thumb.jpeg.99f7fc96fdcce5328b895678969396da.jpeg

Big Rat

They r so S*+% that they loose 2 cylinders before they even leave the factory!! 😉😁 Might have to swap the Ghlibli for a Gran Turismo - very nice 👍🏻

Love the Maserati nteriors - they do feel very special to be in (while they are not at the garage being repairedt that is!!).

Mate has a Quuattropotre GTS which is a beautiful car, with the carbon trim etc - currently with Maserati trying to sort a problem 🙄

• Like 3

On 6/8/2018 at 10:38 AM, rayaans said:

Absolutely loads to choose from - RS4 Avant, E63, Mustang, S6, S7, S8, M5, M6, RS7, RS5, Chevy Camaro, 760LI, Dodge RAM if you fancy it

I am confused - RS4 is V6T (unless it is old 4.2 V8, but that is not "modern"). E63, RS/S6, RS/S7, M5 and M6 are well above £30-40k mark, 760Li is V12, not V8. American cars (Camaro, Ram and others) qualifies... I guess... but only one actually sold in UK is Ford Mustang and that is only other car  which would cost £30-40k and I would consider as interesting option. 

@C.B and @rich1068 BMW e9x is sort of last generation, certainly great cars, but same as old Audi S4/RS4/RS5 are not exactly modern and hardly in price bracket of £30-40k.

I guess OP needs to clarify boundaries a bit... 

Some more interesting options are Mustang and Jaguar F-type.. 

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I am confused - RS4 is V6T (unless it is old 4.2 V8, but that is not "modern"). E63, RS/S6, RS/S7, M5 and M6 are well above £30-40k mark, 760Li is V12, not V8. American cars (Camaro, Ram and others) qualifies... I guess... but only one actually sold in UK is Ford Mustang and that is only other car  which would cost £30-40k and I would consider as interesting option. 

@C.B and @rich1068 BMW e9x is sort of last generation, certainly great cars, but same as old Audi S4/RS4/RS5 are not exactly modern and hardly in price bracket of £30-40k.

I guess OP needs to clarify boundaries a bit... 

Some more interesting options are Mustang and Jaguar F-type.. 

Op mentioned 2015 onwards.....

All the cars I mentioned fit into V8 and 2015+ and are between £30-40k!

Actually, after reviewing all you can get for £40k GS-F and RC-F no longer looks like far off, very similarly priced as other cars of the type.

Still 760Li is V12, I guess what you mean is 750Li or Alpina B7 with 4.4L V8

RS4 is a bit of stretch, because the V8 ended exactly in 2015 and was only available in Avant.. but I guess it qualifies (sort of 2015- instead of +). 

You cannot get 2015 M6 for under £40k, nor Camaro or RAM at all..

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Actually, after reviewing all you can get for £40k GS-F and RC-F no longer looks like far off, very similarly priced as other cars of the type.

Still 760Li is V12, I guess what you mean is 750Li or Alpina B7 with 4.4L V8

RS4 is a bit of stretch, because the V8 ended exactly in 2015 and was only available in Avant.. but I guess it qualifies (sort of 2015- instead of +). 

You cannot get 2015 M6 for under £40k, nor Camaro or RAM at all..

Yep 750Li not the 760.

There was an M6 with 50k on for £39995 a while back actually. That was a 2015 plate. 

RS4 Avant can still be had for £30k if not cheaper with a V8. The RS4 was only available as an Avant in that generation so I dont see what your point is?

2 Camaro's are on autotrader for less than £40k with a 6.2l V8

and 4 Dodge Ram's under £40k 2015 onwards.

Once again Linas, you dig yourself into a hole......

I was correct about 760Li and M6 (a while back there were BMW 8 series selling for £1995, so what?!). So where exactly did I dig myself into the whole?

I am happy that we have clarified all other items on the list.. and yes you were right there, but it doesn't mean it didn't need clarifying.... 

Just now, Linas.P said:

I was correct about 760Li and M6 (a while back there were BMW 8 series selling for £1995, so what?!). So where exactly did I dig myself into the whole?

I am happy that we have clarified all other items on the list.. and yes you were right there, but it doesn't mean it didn't need clarifying.... 

You were right about the 760Li 

The M6 was on recently, sold extremely quickly at that price.

TBH the others are only £2-3k more than £40k anyway including a comp pack

fine.. I guess my point - if you need to do more explaining and stretch already very broad lines a bit, then it was reasonable for me to be confused? right? where I am dinging myself into the hole?