Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

gateway processor

sysop

I am told that my 'gateway processor hs failed. the dealer cannot clear the error messages that appear on he dash. they say it has to be replaced at a horrendous cost. I should like to research this, possibly findin a gateway from a scrapped car???

A bit more info would be a good start, as in what's wrong with the car? What symptoms is it exhibiting? Engine problem? Hybrid problem? Something else?

My dash tells me I have a flat tyre which I haven't.(Red Triangle and a flashing orange flat tyre symbol) The message says CHECK SYSTEM.

Dealer tells me this will not clear down and that there are other error messages that I cannot see, caused by a failure of the 'gateway processor'. That's all.

Lexus dealer?

A Google search for a "Lexus GS450h gateway processor" (without the quotes) returns very little information and no information as to what a gateway processor even is.

There may be a clue in this post here and if that is the thing, I'd suggest looking on eBay for a secondhand unit. Hopefully someone else with greater knowledge in this area will be able to help you further.

15 hours ago, bobmc said:

Isn't this more likely to be a tpms sensor problem? 

Is the dealer a Lexus dealer or an independant?

I did think that myself but then thought that the OP must have already queried it or ruled it out but yes, always start with the simplest things first - it may well just be a tyre pressure sensor.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Good diagnostics will tell you the state of the batteries in the tyre sensors.  Yours are due to fail about now (same as mine).  Batteries are not replaceable, so the whole sensor needs changing.  Can buy aftermarket.

TPMS System fault cannot be cleared with TechStream. If you have a) wrong ID coded to ECU, or b) completely dead sensor, the fault will be visible in the dashboard... TechStream will show more details, e.g. which sensor is not sending...

Sami

Unfortunately Techstream does not tell you witch wheel the faulty monitor is in. It only gives the code number of the faulty sensor. Lowering the tyre pressures of each wheel in turn while Techstream is connected will show what code number is in a given wheel. Using a felt tip marker write the code number on each wheel Lowering the pressure of the wheel with the faulty monitor will give no changes on the Techstream screen.

John.

That is very true... another option is to go a local tire shop and ask them to scan the codes from the wheels (I had to do this when my summer tires were coded twice to the TPMS ECU and all winter tires' codes were missing...).

Note also that "Check System" message does not mean low pressure of a wheel. It means that one (or more) sensor cannot be read at all. If all sensors are ok and you have a flat tire, the message is something like "Low pressure tire"...

Sami

On 6/8/2018 at 5:28 PM, sysop said:

I am told that my 'gateway processor hs failed. the dealer cannot clear the error messages that appear on he dash. they say it has to be replaced at a horrendous cost. I should like to research this, possibly findin a gateway from a scrapped car???

The dealer is an idiot. The problem you are facing is that the tpms ecu has stuck in a loop mode and yes, you cannot clear the errors with techstream or any other diagnose. 

To solve the problem, simply take a paper clip and connect the 13 and 4 pins on your obd with the ignition on(not the car started, just ignition on). This will totally reset the tpms ecu.

4801BCC6-28E4-4D76-844F-855230C0AA74.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry to take so long replying....

As you say that dealer is an idiot....

I took the car to my favorite (and regular) dealer and they fixed the problem while I waited at no charge!!

Thanks for the reply