Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road rash on front bumper

Looks like someone has been too close behind trucks on the motorway

Lexus paint is soft. Pretty much normal if spending a lot of time on motorways and dirt tracks

Yep, same here. I do mostly motorway and at 22k miles and 15mths old, it looks pretty poor.  Soft paint and a black car exacerbate the issue, as the pock marks show up more with the white/grey primer underneath the paint.  My previous Grey IS300h didn't look as bad. I won't be having a black car again 😊

I've bought a Lexus paint stick and have been touching in some of the larger marks, so it is less noticeable.

Thanks guys, looks like a trip down on the body shop then.
It’s a car I bought recently and I had a feeling it was a motorway car, I’m hoping that now I use it for town work it may not get as bad as quickly if I have the bumper repainted

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

Thanks guys, looks like a trip down on the body shop then.
It’s a car I bought recently and I had a feeling it was a motorway car, I’m hoping that now I use it for town work it may not get as bad as quickly if I have the bumper repainted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it may have been resprayed already looking at the pics more closely. 

Looks like it may have been resprayed already looking at the pics more closely. 

No it is the original paint on the car, there's no evidence of masking etc. Unless someone has stripped the bumper completely before painting, as it was an ex lease car I can't see them going to those lengths

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

No it is the original paint on the car, there's no evidence of masking etc. Unless someone has stripped the bumper completely before painting, as it was an ex lease car I can't see them going to those lengths

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just looks like a bit too much orange peel on the bumper for a Lexus but mat be thats because it's been zoomed in. Fair enough on German cars but Lexus historically have very little orange peel

11 hours ago, rayaans said:

Just looks like a bit too much orange peel on the bumper for a Lexus but mat be thats because it's been zoomed in. Fair enough on German cars but Lexus historically have very little orange peel

I think its a combo of poor photos and really bad road rash, when you look at the number in the daylight it almost looks dark grey because theres so much surface damage!!

4 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

I think its a combo of poor photos and really bad road rash, when you look at the number in the daylight it almost looks dark grey because theres so much surface damage!!

Fair enough.  Either way I think a good bumper off respray is in order. Shouldn't be too expensive but will certainly lift the car

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links