Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX ordered today

1 hour ago, jbi507 said:

I'm expecting mine in October., same as your car, except in black with mesa red interior.

How are you tracking your order?

I asked Lexus Blog for the boats details via their website.  They wanted a couple of details and my ETA and they, by return, supplied the boats details. I’ve tracked it since leaving Japan. There are good ship tracking apps and poor ones.  For me, on iOS, I use MarineTraffic which, so far, has been excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Timeline of my order - if anyone's interested:

Order placed with Lexus  - 9 June

Car leaves Japanese port of Nagoya - 30 July

Ship stops Suez South Anchorage for 5 hours whilst awaiting its slot through the canal - 18 August

Ship stops for 8 hours at first drop off in Sagunto (Spain) - 24 August 

Ship arrives in Royal Portbury for its second drop off - 29 August

Estimated to arrive at dealer - 11 September

So that's a full 3 months from order to delivery - but we already knew that would be the case.

After Royal Portbury the ship then stopped at Zeebrugge, in Belgium followed by Malmo in Sweden and then Bremerhaven in Germany where it's currently moored up whilst loading / unloading.  I'm now waiting to see where it goes after Germany.

IMG_9895.thumb.jpg.8f5a46e867db3325ca8b65f3ecf1f5ea.jpgIMG_9888.thumb.jpg.4447722b388b26111925ea1ee607b818.jpgIMG_9798.thumb.jpg.5663271a42b05509752b3050d1a186cc.jpg

8 hours ago, jbi507 said:

Nearly there, lucky you.

I still have a month to go:mad2:

I found it useful to track my boat as it helped to pass the time.  You could always do that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 11:17 PM, Habu said:

After a few days being dark the ship is now fully reporting its position.  After tracking across Indonesia and passing Sri Lanka it finally made it to the Gulf of Aden (complete with armed guards on board due to passing Somalia). Right now it's in the Red Sea before joining the queue to pass through the Suez Canal. Should make the Med tomorrow or early Saturday.  After that it's anyones guess.  My previous track was my Toyota GT86.  After Suez it stopped off in Greece before steaming up the Adriatic to unload in the Slovenian port of Koper.  Next stop after that was Bristol (Portbury).

How did you track the ship ?

There are areas where little is seen for a few days such as the leg between Indonesia and Africa but on the whole I had ‘my’ vessel in sight all the way from Japan.  I used the  MarineTraffic app on iOS.  The Ship Finder app was practically useless for tracking as it only showed the vessel in a port until it was near UK waters.  There’s a lot more info on MarineTraffic too about the ship and its journey.