Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX ordered today

After deciding the RX was too big for my needs I ordered an NX Premier today in Sonic Titanium and rich cream / bamboo interior plus pan roof.  It’s a factory order so it’ll be September before it arrives.  I’m definitely going to miss things on my 2017 Kia Sportage KX-5 including full length electric tilt-slide pan roof, brilliant nav and infotainment system plus hands free remote tailgate.  I’m really only gaining, with the NX, more sumptuous interior, HUD and a petrol model.  KX-5s are diesel only.

Very disappointed with the NX infotainment and nav sysyem but the rest of the car makes up for it.

16 minutes ago, Habu said:

After deciding the RX was too big for my needs I ordered an NX Premier today in Sonic Titanium and rich cream / bamboo interior plus pan roof.  It’s a factory order so it’ll be September before it arrives.  I’m definitely going to miss things on my 2017 Kia Sportage KX-5 including full length electric tilt-slide pan roof, brilliant nav and infotainment system plus hands free remote tailgate.  I’m really only gaining, with the NX, more sumptuous interior, HUD and a petrol model.  KX-5s are diesel only.

Very disappointed with the NX infotainment and nav sysyem but the rest of the car makes up for it.

Hate that colour with a passion but hey, not my car!

The nav system is OK I guess, its been updated recently but its still not the best. 

Post pics when it arrives. Its been a while since I saw a facelift Premier NX! Actually, I havent seen many Facelift NX's full stop

It would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing.  I had ST on a Lexus IS and I liked it a lot.  Changes colour from silvery colour to pale gold.  Neighbour had ST on an NX.  Personally, - I’m old-ish though - I think it’ll look smart with the cream leather and bamboo trim.

12 minutes ago, Habu said:

It would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing.  I had ST on a Lexus IS and I liked it a lot.  Changes colour from silvery colour to pale gold.  Neighbour had ST on an NX.  Personally, - I’m old-ish though - I think it’ll look smart with the cream leather and bamboo trim.

Yep, you could have done worse, like got the Brown. Or the black interior.....

I think my problem is not with the colour itself, but the fact that I see it on almost every Lexus now that I feel like Im seeing too much of the same thing, sort of like BMW 320d's everywhere.

34 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

excellent choice.

Any discount achieved?

The figure quoted for my Kia was more than I expected so I’m happy with the quote given.  I’ll get a couple of things thrown in at handover too.

On 6/9/2018 at 4:37 PM, rayaans said:

Yep, you could have done worse, like got the Brown. Or the black interior.....

I think my problem is not with the colour itself, but the fact that I see it on almost every Lexus now that I feel like Im seeing too much of the same thing, sort of like BMW 320d's everywhere.

Interesting... It seems that most of the ones I see "down south" are either black or white: I rarely see a Sonic T.

With regards to the facelift, I prefer the pre-2018 front lights which, to me, look more aggressive. On the other hand, I prefer the more elongated rear lights of the newer model. I also think that the new wheels fitted on the Premier are much nicer than the previous ones, which I always thought looked cheap. Each to his own.

My new NX Luxury will be Mesa red with a black interior. That's partly as I took a car from stock rather than waiting for a factory order, partly because I'll never have a black car (far too difficult to keep looking as clean as I want) and partly because having looked at the cream interior I thought it was too light and would get dirty too easily.

In terms of the other colours available, I wasn't a fan of the Sky blue metallic either. I actually like the Sonic Titanium, but there weren't any cars available from stock. I would have liked - in an ideal world - the same Mercury grey as my current NX Sport with the Rose red interior...but that would have been a factory order (October / November delivery most likely) and I don't want to wait that long.

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

My new NX Luxury will be Mesa red with a black interior. That's partly as I took a car from stock rather than waiting for a factory order, partly because I'll never have a black car (far too difficult to keep looking as clean as I want) and partly because having looked at the cream interior I thought it was too light and would get dirty too easily.

In terms of the other colours available, I wasn't a fan of the Sky blue metallic either. I actually like the Sonic Titanium, but there weren't any cars available from stock. I would have liked - in an ideal world - the same Mercury grey as my current NX Sport with the Rose red interior...but that would have been a factory order (October / November delivery most likely) and I don't want to wait that long.

Good man!

The Mesa Red is a fantastic colour - very popular in the states, not here so much but the gold flakes in it are great!

16 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I will never, ever go for a black car again! - Our previous RX was Velvet Black (non-metallic) and was a nightmare to keep clean.

On 6/11/2018 at 7:48 PM, rayaans said:

Good man!

The Mesa Red is a fantastic colour - very popular in the states, not here so much but the gold flakes in it are great!

Just a quick teaser shot of my new NX - prior to final PDI, valet and fitment of side-steps and protection strips. I'll collect on Wednesday once the private plate transfer etc. is sorted with DVLA (although the plates are already fitted in anticipation). The Mesa red is a very groovy colour...😃...and now I'll get the Premium Nav, electric seats, the electric steering column and loads of other bells and whistles that I'll probably never use...

fullsizeoutput_3b6.thumb.jpeg.72ecbf3004ecc29b4d4b0ed7efa47a5e.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Just a quick teaser shot of my new NX - prior to final PDI, valet and fitment of side-steps and protection strips. I'll collect on Wednesday once the private plate transfer etc. is sorted with DVLA (although the plates are already fitted in anticipation). The Mesa red is a very groovy colour...😃...and now I'll get the Premium Nav, electric seats, the electric steering column and loads of other bells and whistles that I'll probably never use...

fullsizeoutput_3b6.thumb.jpeg.72ecbf3004ecc29b4d4b0ed7efa47a5e.jpeg

Looks the dogs in that colour.  The red was my second choice but that was September too. Looking forward to seeing the sidesteps on it.  I'm undecided yet so the more NXs I see with them the better.

• Like 1

The paint colour is fantastic (what a good choice) and fairly easy to keep clean. I love it! The sparkle when the sun shines is superb!!!

Not a fan of the side steps as you know, but I look forward to the pics when you get delivery.

Well done Ed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had a call from the dealer that the NX will land at their centre on the 8 September (maybe slightly earlier).  Allowing a day to travel up from the PoE how long will the car be at the docks before it sets off?  A day or so?

Now to find out which boats it’s on and track it.  I did this with a GT86 order.🙄

Car is currently off the Indonesian coast, arrives at Suez on the 18th August and Bristol docks on the 27th August. 

Slowly getting closer.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few days being dark the ship is now fully reporting its position.  After tracking across Indonesia and passing Sri Lanka it finally made it to the Gulf of Aden (complete with armed guards on board due to passing Somalia). Right now it's in the Red Sea before joining the queue to pass through the Suez Canal. Should make the Med tomorrow or early Saturday.  After that it's anyones guess.  My previous track was my Toyota GT86.  After Suez it stopped off in Greece before steaming up the Adriatic to unload in the Slovenian port of Koper.  Next stop after that was Bristol (Portbury).

Ship has just cleared Suez and entered the eastern Mediterranean.  Next stop, Sagunto in Spain. 

Anyone else expecting their Lexus soon as it’s likely on ‘my’ ship?

Departing Sagunto right now (13:30) and next stop Bristol.  ETA Wednesday 29th August.  Only 2 stops though for whole of Europe.  Wonder if there’s loads of US bound cars on it?