Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smiles Service Records and other stuff

Today whlist travel the M62 to leeds as I do fortnightly my car put one helluva smile on my face. I floored it from a steady 70 and by feck it shot forward. I've learned that the RX doesn't handle as well as my previous IS but that's to be expected.

Thanks to Rayaans and Rich I've finally got my car registration on the My Lexus app. V5 came yesterday. The service record shows that my car had a Lexus service are 3k miles in 2013 then it''s next Lexus service was Four Years later at some 34k. So I suppose that begs the question about the cars service history. Personally I'm not bothered. Why? Because of how my car looks and drives and it was given a Lexus going over a few months ago and its Hybrid Health Check done the week before I picked it up. I dipped the oil and was pleasantly suprised how clean the oil was. I've put a bottle of ZX1 in the oil which I've done to my last 15 or more cars.

So my smiles have come to how my car accelerates from speed. And the Service side I put in just to say that it's not so important that a car has a full dealer service bur a part one is important.  

Because I walk to work my mileage yearly will only be 3k miles. I will have it serviced at Lexus but they'll be intermediate ones only unless the 40 50 60 etc K mile service time arrives then the full service will take place.

Sorry if I've bored you but I wanted to air my views experiences etc.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Today whlist travel the M62 to leeds as I do fortnightly my car put one helluva smile on my face. I floored it from a steady 70 and by feck it shot forward. I've learned that the RX doesn't handle as well as my previous IS but that's to be expected.

Thanks to Rayaans and Rich I've finally got my car registration on the My Lexus app. V5 came yesterday. The service record shows that my car had a Lexus service are 3k miles in 2013 then it''s next Lexus service was Four Years later at some 34k. So I suppose that begs the question about the cars service history. Personally I'm not bothered. Why? Because of how my car looks and drives and it was given a Lexus going over a few months ago and its Hybrid Health Check done the week before I picked it up. I dipped the oil and was pleasantly suprised how clean the oil was. I've put a bottle of ZX1 in the oil which I've done to my last 15 or more cars.

So my smiles have come to how my car accelerates from speed. And the Service side I put in just to say that it's not so important that a car has a full dealer service bur a part one is important.  

Because I walk to work my mileage yearly will only be 3k miles. I will have it serviced at Lexus but they'll be intermediate ones only unless the 40 50 60 etc K mile service time arrives then the full service will take place.

Very interesting read. So has the car had a service between 3 and 34k? Or is there no record of it?

Be sure to post pics when you get the chance to do so

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Not at all. Having something share is a good feeling!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Something I forgot to add. My car is a 62 plate but registered Feb 13. I was pleasantly suprised that text messages and emails came thru. Also track listings follow as they change.

They didn't do that in my premier premium 64 plate IS's. Weird technology eh?

Post photos Rayaans? Mines a Celestial Black F Sport. Do I really need to post photos? Mind you I do have rear privacy glass so maybe I will. 😊

14 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Thanks guys. Something I forgot to add. My car is a 62 plate but registered Feb 13. I was pleasantly suprised that text messages and emails came thru. Also track listings follow as they change.

They didn't do that in my premier premium 64 plate IS's. Weird technology eh?

Post photos Rayaans? Mines a Celestial Black F Sport. Do I really need to post photos? Mind you I do have rear privacy glass so maybe I will. 😊

They do it in my IS? But I turned the setting off lol

• Like 1

Mine's a Celestial Black 63-plate Advance, but there's pictures of her on here somewhere 

Of course we like to see pictures 😀

One thing I'm disappointed about it that DAB radio has the ability to show both artist and song title but this information doesn't come up in the car.

I had a strange happening with my car yesterday and today. I could get into my car no problem but when I tried to start it it didn't want to know until 3rd or 4th attempt. I even had to get my seat into position myself. Today tho I found my keyfob quite hot to the touch which kind of freaked me out a bit. I thought about it and concluded that my car keyfob doesn't like the keyfob I have for my wife's place. So I kept both fobs in separate pockets and hey ho back to normal. So something new learnt today and hopefully help to others is to keep the car keyfob separate to other keyfobs such as building entry systems. 

I was going to take some photos of my car today when at Squires Gate cafe near Leeds but it got too packed. But next time I'm out in it I'll take and post some pics.

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

I had a strange happening with my car yesterday and today. I could get into my car no problem but when I tried to start it it didn't want to know until 3rd or 4th attempt. I even had to get my seat into position myself. Today tho I found my keyfob quite hot to the touch which kind of freaked me out a bit. I thought about it and concluded that my car keyfob doesn't like the keyfob I have for my wife's place. So I kept both fobs in separate pockets and hey ho back to normal. So something new learnt today and hopefully help to others is to keep the car keyfob separate to other keyfobs such as building entry systems. 

I was going to take some photos of my car today when at Squires Gate cafe near Leeds but it got too packed. But next time I'm out in it I'll take and post some pics.

2 keys shouldn't be a problem. I would imagine the key fob Battery may need changing.  Doesnt usually interfere with other fobs either

Also just make sure you wait for it to say Ready or it might get confused and beep at you

That's something I thought about since the car is 5 years old and no idea how old fob batteries are. I didn't know they're rechargeable. How do I do that or just put a new Battery in?

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

That's something I thought about since the car is 5 years old and no idea how old fob batteries are. I didn't know they're rechargeable. How do I do that or just put a new battery in?

They're supposed to be changed at every full Lexus service but rarely are. 

Just put a new one in. Very easy to do. All the details are in the manual, or better yet just use youtube

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

They're supposed to be changed at every full Lexus service

Ah! That explains the number of times "Battery" pops up on my service history. I just thought it was the dealers being a little enthusiastic with their charging!

Hi Rayaans. Just looked on the tube and it seems easy to change the Battery. Yes I know they change them on Full services but I think the last full service was done either a year or so ago or God knows. 

Watching a couple of tube vids I'd say my Battery was running low coz it's come to me that I've noticed 'key not present ' come up a few times. I'll start using the spare key for now but both will get new batteries this week.

Well more smiles in that yesterday I drove up to leeds for a nice bbq at the wife's youngest daughters  (she's called me dad for over a decade). I thought I'd stick to the speed limits which I did. Came off a junction earlier as the M62 became a car park. Got to my daughter's and looked at my trip meter. Wow I thought. 38.8mpg. Now to me that's impressive for such a car. Well chuffed.

Spoke with a main man at Lexus Leeds and stated I was disappointed in how the car wasn't given a 40k service at 36k miles whilst the dealer chain had it in the midlands. I said that Leeds should do the 40k service and at a heavily discounted price. It was agreed. So in a few weeks when my car hits 40k it'll have a proper 40k service. I will pay upto half for it. 

Loving my car but this is my worst car for parking next to the kerb. Blimey I drive a truck for a living and can park that perfectly but my RX? Sheesh I'm ruddy rubbish lol.

• Like 1

Is it a camera or sensors or both? My RX is the first car I've had with a camera and though it took a bit of adjusting I find I'm squeezing into tighter spots than I would have previously attempted.

Hi Rich. I don't use either the sensors or camera to park up. I'm struggling suss in out where the front near side wheel is. Reverse parking is a total doddle. Easiest car yet.

Hi Rich. I don't use either the sensors or camera to park up. I'm struggling suss in out where the front near side wheel is. Reverse parking is a total doddle. Easiest car yet.

Funny you should say that. A friend of mine finds it quite amusing that I nearly always reverse into parking spaces.  I honestly don't know why.

1 hour ago, Hadrian said:

Funny you should say that. A friend of mine finds it quite amusing that I nearly always reverse into parking spaces.  I honestly don't know why.

Because it's far easier to reverse in rather than drive in straight - it's all down to physics, arcs and pivots :yes:

Also at night especially during the winter, it's much safer.  Although in the US, it is often mandatory to  park "nose in" I believe, so the police can check

licence plates.

13 hours ago, Hadrian said:

11 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Because it's far easier to reverse in rather than drive in straight - it's all down to physics, arcs and pivots :yes:

Quite. The number of times you see someone attempt to drive into a space and you think "This'll end in tears". They'll end up either three miles from the kerb, halfway into your living room, still be maneuvering this time next week or end up giving up and driving off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I got round to giving my car it's 1st wash today. Yeah Ive had it 3 weeks. I've had to buy a step up stool so I can get to the roof. Blimey what a tall car lol. But it looks so good. Celestial Black looks magnificent when clean. Mind you I've seen a lovely looking deep metallic red one with black over riders on the wheel arches. That is a super combination colour scheme. 

Come up to Leeds but this time all the way in sport mode. Yes I broke all speed limits lol and still returned over 32mpg. 

I've read somewhere on here somebody struggling to get more than 23 mph in EV mode. I regularly get over 40 and how it pulls in EV mode compared to my previous IS300H is gobsmacking.

One thing I noticed again today is the annoying rattle from the rear parcel shelf bar. You know what I mean. I really must cure that. 1st I'll true sticky back velcro (the soft bit) if that fails then I'll try blutack. Anyone else cured that rattle?

11 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Well I got round to giving my car it's 1st wash today. Yeah Ive had it 3 weeks. I've had to buy a step up stool so I can get to the roof. Blimey what a tall car lol. But it looks so good. Celestial Black looks magnificent when clean. Mind you I've seen a lovely looking deep metallic red one with black over riders on the wheel arches. That is a super combination colour scheme. 

Come up to Leeds but this time all the way in sport mode. Yes I broke all speed limits lol and still returned over 32mpg. 

I've read somewhere on here somebody struggling to get more than 23 mph in EV mode. I regularly get over 40 and how it pulls in EV mode compared to my previous IS300H is gobsmacking.

One thing I noticed again today is the annoying rattle from the rear parcel shelf bar. You know what I mean. I really must cure that. 1st I'll true sticky back velcro (the soft bit) if that fails then I'll try blutack. Anyone else cured that rattle?

Yep, it rattles unless its used. Therefore, use it or take it out!

Yeah m8 but since I have the plastic boot liner it'll roll about like it was on a roller coaster. 

Mind you I got a new shed on Friday and since I don't like that liner it'll have a new home in the shed. 

I'll try it in the used position.  Cheers.

I think it's the rear seats that rattle, fold the centre section down and it goes silent! 

One other thing, gave it a quick wash and a brilliant product Rayaans put me on to, Sonax BSD. Unfortunately i found two areas of rust developing. Right at the bottom of the front small quarterlight. Obviously rain trickles down the a pillar and collects. Haven't heard anyone else notice this, any chance you guys could have a close look under the chrome trim?

Doubt Lexus will show any interest, they say rust has to come from below the paintwork! Any thoughts? 

Thanks as always

Ed

20180623_190639.jpg

20180623_190715.jpg

Interested Ed. Not seen any rust on your car (I use my phone not a PC or laptop to go on the forum btw) but your car is suffering from swirl marks. 

Thanks for your input tho. I have traced the rattle to the parcel shelf bar. No rattles when it's removed.

Yeah m8 but since I have the plastic boot liner it'll roll about like it was on a roller coaster. 

Mind you I got a new shed on Friday and since I don't like that liner it'll have a new home in the shed. 

I'll try it in the used position.  Cheers.

Not familiar with the newer RX but is there not somewhere to store the parcel shelf under the false floor in the boot? If it has one? On my 400h there are two compartments side by side that are designed to take the parcel shelf. But I don't like the look of the boot without the shelf so I track down the rattles :biggrin:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links