Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smiles Service Records and other stuff

2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Not familiar with the newer RX but is there not somewhere to store the parcel shelf under the false floor in the boot? If it has one? On my 400h there are two compartments side by side that are designed to take the parcel shelf. But I don't like the look of the boot without the shelf so I track down the rattles :biggrin:

Nope! Nowhere to put the thing apart from in the garage or in shed. No wonder loads of them get lost 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw a RX300 today and what made me smile is that it had 2 either washing machines or tumble dryers fully in their packaging in its boot. Blimey a luxury van lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Well not long back from a week away at Skegness with the wife, youngest daughter  (she turned 30 this week ) and her 2 kids one being nearly 3 and in a baby seat. 5 occupants and a weeks worth of luggage. Wow what a huge boot. One Large holdall, three medium holdalls, one Large suitcase, and God knows how many carrier bags. Below are a couple of pics. Oh and a fold up buggy lol.

The car behaved superb. So comfy and quick where it had to be. Stuck to the limits going there but definitely not on the way back lol. Got overtook by an 18 plate RX450h whilst I was doing 80. Hee hee I flew past it a couple miles later. I'm more than happy with the economy. Overall my car returned 30mpg which is excellent and what my diesel ford's did!

Oh. I've mentioned about my cars service history and how Leeds Lexus were supposed to do a 40k service at about half price. Well a few emails were exchanged because they list paperwork for the Smart bodywork insurance I bought (thick bu**ars) and I mentioned the service. Did I get a rey on that? Did I eckers like. They'll not see my car again. Stockport will look after my car.

Anyway below I hope are a couple of FULL boot pics.

Bottom pic shows boot FULL even bog roll lol and buggy.

Top pic is showing the very large suitcase with 2 of the medium holdalls. The large holdall is in front of the blue holdall to the right of the suitcase.

Hope this post helps with what can fit in the boot at least.

Oh forgot to mention. Nothing packed in the boot came above halfway of the headrests except the coats. Have to think safety.

20180811_161507.jpg

20180811_161213.jpg

Edited by Mr Vlad
Forgot to mention
  • Like 2

Or as the late great Jon Lord introduce himself as Rick Emerson. I'd love to be able to play keyboard and the mighty Hammoon C3. Oh well.

Wow. I wonder if what you was told of its previous owner was true. I'm having difficulty but there again. Really nice thought tho of Jon in a GS300.

Tommy Vance had an old merc (similar to the 190) which had a huge in car stereo system. 

I'm always playing the game how fast can I go on electric. 43 mph is achieved regularly but yesterday on the M621 I achieved for a distance of half a mile 50mph. Ruddy marvellous. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a few minutes ago I fitted an OBD smart digital reader coz I wanted a rev counter. I found American forums who wanted a rev counter in their RX450h's and someone found to do it was through the OBD port so I found a nice looking one on amazon and below are a few pics of where it's sited and the one I bought. Hope it's of interest to those like me who wants to know what revs the car is doing

20180912_170617.thumb.jpg.70eecea59a388743afc5ad6d0bdd2519.jpg20180912_170315.thumb.jpg.6b32f16395c91be2c7f188f9fe4db618.jpg20180912_170303.thumb.jpg.872e20ee256d96ff2f4496a23cab01af.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah it's a little cracker. I'm only using it as a rev counter but it's a proper OBD reader and can read faults etc etc. Interesting to know on my short trip to work my engine didn't rev above 2k. Can't wait to see how it is on the motorway at the weekend. 

It does oil and water temperature and Battery voltage and average speed mpg etc. I will learn it's other functions soon.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Lexus Leeds emailed me today with a 2 for 1 years warranty. £995 for 2 years warranty is rather good ( better than 995 for just one year). 

I was surprised tho because I've only had my car since June so that's 5 months.  Still got 7 months left of my current warranty. 

Think I'll contact them to get more information. Damn good deal tho.

30 minutes ago, Comedian said:

They've been running this limited time offer for years

Yes they have, but there is a recent enhancement.  The deal has always included two years premium AA membership as well as the warranty deal.  Just recently, they have included two free MoTs as part of the deal too.

Strange I just finished reading this article when my wife decided that a large armchair needed to be taken to the recycling centre( 40 minutes before closing) It only just fitted through the tailgate opening, but as it had to be lifted sideways at an angle through the doorways in our bungalow I wasn't surprised. 

Great car for the job. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got a call from Lexus Stockport saying my car was due it's service. I told them I swapped it for a RX450h but would be using get them for servicing. I gave them the cars reg and they came back with since in February next year (when service is due) the car will be 6 years old the service will cost £745. I said hang on I know that's the 60k mile service but the replied yes but it's either or which ever comes first.

I'm reluctant to go ahead with that costly service But if the knowledgeable of you recommend it then I'll go ahead even tho my cars just gone past 41k miles.

I was looking at just getting the essential service with hybrid health check. I wonder what you folk think.

It's always been every 10,00 miles or 1 year, whichever comes soonest, and that's with most cars I think, not just Lexus. I've just had the 50k service done even though the car has less than 42k on it.