Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk3 RX 450h Collected today

Well 218 mile round trip saw the collection of my 2015 RX 450h from Inchcape Derby. Condition is very good and it looks and drives well. Mpg from computer was 35.6 on 108 mile trip home via busy M1, M42 and M5. 

Two issues so far, despite an approved Lexus warranty pack which nearly filled the boot the service log book isn't there although I know it was serviced by Inchcape then and 2 new tyres fitted on front prior to sale. 

The other issue is the front lower power socket isn't charging my Tomtom yet the centre console one is. I'll put up a separate post when I've had time to investigate (the car has a 175 mile journey first thing tomorrow.) 

• Like 1

Enjoy your RX they are wonderful cars and like Steve I get a smile on my face each time I drive it.  You got exactly the same mpg I got for a 300 mile round trip yesterday on motorway/dual carriageway for all but 10 miles and cruising at a steady  indicated 75mph (actual 70mph).  Got home fresh as a daisy; these cars eat the miles in supreme comfort.

here is the pictures of my new ride. Couple of minor issues with it - the most annoying is a small rust bubble in the paint below the number plate on the rear (size of my little finger nail).  Only spotted it today after car had to be washed because of a bombing attack by a seagull with poorly tummy. Strongly suspect a previous bigger plate chafed the paint and then water has got in and travelled under the basecoat . I've spoken to the salesman who assures me they will come up with a solution to fix it (car of course is under 30 day Lexus assured warranty). Hopefully it will be resolved quite quickly as  I know a good repairer will be able to lose the repair easily into the rest of the paintwork. Service book is apparently located and will be posted to me (again that I see is a condition of the approved used car waranty.

20180614_154809.thumb.jpg.599d70a67d001fdb70fc3e0f4305b808.jpganother 170 miles today so I refuelled and my average mpg is in excess of 36mpg.

media49OLFK9I.jpg

xxl_kfz494473_fn15wlh-2[1].jpg

• Like 3

Nice to see it is the Advance edition which is exactly same colour combination as my 2014 model.Can’t quite tell from pics but do you have the pan roof or sun roof?.The 2015 Advance also got different alloys and i think they added ML.

Hope you enjoy it as much as i’ve enjoyed mine.

17 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

I've spoken to the salesman who assures me they will come up with a solution to fix it (car of course is under 30 day Lexus assured warranty).

Lexus Teeside gave me a full 12-month Lexus warranty including breakdown service. Are you sure you've only got 30 days or am I getting mixed up with something?

22 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

Lexus Teeside gave me a full 12-month Lexus warranty including breakdown service. Are you sure you've only got 30 days or am I getting mixed up with something?

It will have full 12 month warranty

The 30 days is for exchange - i.e you can give the vehicle back and exchange it for another one

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

here is the pictures of my new ride. Couple of minor issues with it - the most annoying is a small rust bubble in the paint below the number plate on the rear (size of my little finger nail).  Only spotted it today after car had to be washed because of a bombing attack by a seagull with poorly tummy. Strongly suspect a previous bigger plate chafed the paint and then water has got in and travelled under the basecoat . I've spoken to the salesman who assures me they will come up with a solution to fix it (car of course is under 30 day Lexus assured warranty). Hopefully it will be resolved quite quickly as  I know a good repairer will be able to lose the repair easily into the rest of the paintwork. Service book is apparently located and will be posted to me (again that I see is a condition of the approved used car waranty.

20180614_154809.thumb.jpg.599d70a67d001fdb70fc3e0f4305b808.jpg 

^^ Agree with you about a previous number plate having caused that, you can almost see the outline around where the rust bubble is. No drama though, plenty of repairers will be able to sort that easily and you'll never know it was there. 

Congratulations on the car, it looks very nice indeed.

The car of course came with 12 months warranty. It has the panoramic roof and ml. The colour looks good. Some features aren't as good as my GS, but others are better. When I've got time I'll elaborate. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links