Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

175k is not much at all, mine has 160k but thats fairly low mileage. The very first LS 400 I bought was about 240k when I bought it and was going as strong as ever, it was serviced regulary by an indi garage & the driver/owner used it as an executive hire car here in London, it was running purrrfect.

This subject was skimmed on in another post some weeks ago & 2 of us agreed a pre 2000 Volvo serviced regulary will get upwards of 300k. I get the engine oil & filter changed every 5 or 6k but never much more than that, thats really the main thing to to do. If your on LPG that runs cleaner on engine parts than petrol.

Check this volvo forum out for comments in their mileage, they tend to be talking over 200k on the thread below.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=108314&page=2

19 hours ago, ambermarine said:

I don,t know who as the highest but I think I have the lowest 39k

Doh, you have beaten me! I have 58k on the clock, my car is older though so does that count, haha.

74k on my new 98.

I have been a fan of volvo and saab, but had to scrap both when repairs would have significantly outweighed the value of the car...

The ls400 needs a belt change badly, but I only paid a few hundred for it. If I fall in love it will get one which still have been the fist time I have paid a mechanic in forever.

Are all these mileages on a 'sealed for life gearbox oil' or have they been changed. Interested as my 430 is coming up to 60,000 and I am contemplating a gearbox oil change?

Never owned a LS430. But every time I changed gearbox oil the gearbox always ran a lot smoother. I did this recently on my LS400 and made a huge different. I did it at 172,000 last March, not sure when it was done prior to that. Probably never lol.

Change the transmission fluid but don't bother opening the pan and changing the filter. Never seen a dirty one on any Toyota auto box I've had serviced.

12 hours ago, Newbie1 said:

Damn faulty warning! Can't seem to fix it.

I assume your float in the washer bottle has gone, just disconnect it as it is (so I believe) an MOT fail. Easy enough to do, nearside front wheel arch job, with car jacked up and wheel off.

Replacement floats not cheap, some folks have attempted re-sealing float, which one day I'll get around to maybe doing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

2004 face lift 

with 253k miles. 

Drives like new 🙂 

And as I may have mentioned in the past, that gives much confidence to all LS430 owners.

• Like 1