Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just joined the forum as I've just ordered a new RC300h in sonic red with clove and due to collect end next month.Was torn between the RC and an E class coupe but the looks and rarity won the day. Wasnt able to confirm conclusively if I could fit a detachable towbar for a bike carrier but assumed I wouldn't but anyone know if its possible?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Welcome to LOC.
This may seem strange but check the towing capacity in the hand book. 

Some hybrids are zero weighted for towing "notably the Prius, and the CT200H" meaning they cannot tow a trailer in UK/Europe. In turn this means the tow bar manufacturers do not make tow bars for these vehicles.

Brackets are available in the US where the regulations do not apply. These are usually made by Thule, and have to be imported  for the use you intend, but cannot be used for towing.

If your car is rated for towing Lexus will be able to supply a tow bar usually made by Witter or Westfalia, but with a Lexus label, and at a Lexus price tag.

Check with one of the online tow bar fitters for availability, and price before asking Lexus as they may price match.

John.

Zero rated for towing.Watling have offerred to fabricate a bespoke bracket but wont if chassis is aluminium. I believe it is a mix so will probably have to take it to them for inspection.Might look at US forums for other options.Thanks for your comments

19 hours ago, Gerard2017 said:

Zero rated for towing.Watling have offerred to fabricate a bespoke bracket but wont if chassis is aluminium. I believe it is a mix so will probably have to take it to them for inspection.Might look at US forums for other options.Thanks for your comments

Yep, the RC chassis is a mix of steel and aluminium

Aluminium is used for bumper reinforcement and the inner and outer skins of the bonnet