Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

12v electric oil pump for oil change

50mins to extract oil ... you can easily lift the car (ramps for me), drain the oil, replace the filter and re-fill with oil in much less time.

I get the reduced mess, but to me it seems like a compromise, brought on by some Euro cars not including sump plugs  (in their progress to none service engines with limited lifespans) ... a backward step I think.  A 100k plus car is no use to a manufacturer.. they want us to change regularly... but I disagree.. got a nice car, want to keep it nice as long as I can.

As for filters, only use genuine toyota for the oil  (which I think is Denso brand)... only a few quid... and ensure oil is to the spec in the manual (I use millers, but any at the right spec with do)

• Like 1

A more powerful pump is needed.

But having said that, jacking up for just oil drain doesn't make sense if the filter access is from the top.

I didn't need to change clothes for the job. All nice and clean with low risk of spill. I think this is the future.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links