Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap Alternative Tracker

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/8041975

GPS tracker. Smartphone App. £3/m subscription. Picking mine up from Argos tomorrow. I’ll post if it’s any good straight after. Going to try and install it in the boot in a difficult to find location and get power to it somehow. 

50 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/8041975

GPS tracker. Smartphone App. £3/m subscription. Picking mine up from Argos tomorrow. I’ll post if it’s any good straight after. Going to try and install it in the boot in a difficult to find location and get power to it somehow. 

If my car is stolen, I never want to see it again.

I’ve had cars stolen in the past - and I really wish they were never recovered.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

If my car is stolen, I never want to see it again.

I’ve had cars stolen in the past - and I really wish they were never recovered.

Have to say I feel exactly the same.

Its bad enough having your pride & joy taken in the first place. Wouldn’t want the added issues of having a car on record as being stolen from a resale & devaluation perspective.

Still if you do want it recovered it’s certainly good value in comparison with the usual alternatives.

A friend suggested something potentially even cheaper if you happen to have an old Iphone. Buy a pay as u go SIM card & use find the Iphone App - just need to hide it under a seat & conceal the power supply.

• Like 3

A stolen recovered car could be a long term nightmare. My last stolen car was professionally fixed, but only six months later, valves met pistons and bang. I have no doubt that the car (which was immaculate prior to being stolen) was abused to within an inch of its life.

I standby the fact - stolen - I don’t want it back.

Now, if you could have a concealed camera that pinged back images of the scum stealing it..... now that would be great!

• Like 4

I agree fully with both @DAW and @Flytvr you’ve only got to watch any of the tv cop chase type programs to see how much abuse the cars get not worth getting it back, better they torch it after IMO.

In fact there is an isF come on sale very recently on Autotrader that is a stolen recovered .......

Big Rat

• Like 2

Now, if you could have a concealed camera that pinged back images of the scum stealing it..... now that would be great!

You'd probably be convicted for secret filming and causing them distress and abusing their human rights or something.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Comedian said:

You'd probably be convicted for secret filming and causing them distress and abusing their human rights or something.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

You’re probably right 😢

11 hours ago, DAW said:

Have to say I feel exactly the same.

Its bad enough having your pride & joy taken in the first place. Wouldn’t want the added issues of having a car on record as being stolen from a resale & devaluation perspective.

Still if you do want it recovered it’s certainly good value in comparison with the usual alternatives.

A friend suggested something potentially even cheaper if you happen to have an old iPhone. Buy a pay as u go SIM card & use find the iPhone App - just need to hide it under a seat & conceal the power supply.

That’s what I use. It’s my jukebox and a tracker.

You have to make sure you use the phone every so often. If you don’t some companies will cancel the SIM card after about six months of  inactivity.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2018 at 12:55 AM, DAW said:

old iPhone. Buy a pay as u go SIM card & use find the iPhone App - just need to hide it under a seat & conceal the power supply.

Or any phone with GPS for that matter. Actually, any phone would do.. (even without GPS) as police can ask network providers to triangulate on phone location - however in UK they are unlikely to go as far for "mere" car related crime.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links