Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all.:driving:

After my last post and pictures see link.

I thought i would show a couple more pictures off the IS on holiday this time.:driving:

We went down to Somerset for a few days nice run pity about the M25 as usual:crybaby:but what more can you expect i used the Lexus sat nav big mistake that was as most of you know only 4 parts off the post code so ended up about 5 miles from my destination down a dead end road and as you can image i was some what pi***d off at this had to get the mobile phone out and google maps!!!:dontgetit:

Well we got there in the end and was doing 40.0 miles per gallon on the dashboard screen but soon went down to 36.o miles per gallon.

Car performed brilliantly and was all i hopped it would be.:rolleyes:

I have put two picture up for you to see.:cool:

Roll on September when she goes to Sherwood forest for her next holiday.:driving:

As you see in the first one she is poking out from behind the tree, 

And the second one she is at her stately home for a well deserved holiday.:biggrin:

65mike.:driving:

DSCN0683_copy.JPG

IMG_0247.jpg

• Like 3

Reminds me of Cricket st Thomas.

Ours is on hols too. Got off the ferry in Santander yesterday. Sat nav was faultless in getting to our apartment in the Picos de Europa. Using coordinates that i’d converted from decimal to degrees/mins and seconds via a converter.

Happy holidays everyone!

• Like 1

Hi all:driving:

normski mine was ok when i got to Cricket St Thomas i set a mark on sat nav so i could find again and it came up with coordinates so saved that, so i can assume your's is not full post code too then.

I thought later cars were full post code recognition:dontgetit:

65mike:driving:

Now iam after a favour from you John and you Normski could you please:smile:take if possible a picture off you navigation with the page showing how to get full post code as mine still seems to be the 4 parts i don't think iam doing anything wrong but you never know.:sad:.

Mine is a 2009 with later rear lights and different buttons down the side off the audio/ navigation but i have dvd discs for navigation.:unsure:

Are your's discs or usb upgrade for navigation.:unsure:

Here you go.

Nav-01.thumb.jpg.d129e1c2f037ad3d9fd2df6e540c617f.jpg

Notice the 1/2 at the top of the screen? Press that and it brings up this screen...

Nav-02.thumb.jpg.54d2b91efd01fd23c85c5a519db5bbfd.jpg

You can then enter the full postcode by pressing the bugle icon.

My nav has the maps on a hard disk, not DVDs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 65mike said:

Now iam after a favour from you John and you Normski could you please:smile:take if possible a picture off you navigation with the page showing how to get full post code as mine still seems to be the 4 parts i don't think iam doing anything wrong but you never know.:sad:.

Mine is a 2009 with later rear lights and different buttons down the side off the audio/ navigation but i have dvd discs for navigation.:unsure:

Are your's discs or usb upgrade for navigation.:unsure:

I think.....if you are certain that you have dvd disc .. then you don’t have full postcode input. Think that only came with hard disc version, but I may be wrong.

Thats a bit odd, given that you have other facelift features. Maybe your car is a midpoint facelift version then? Do you have a USB port in the armrest cubby?

• Like 1

Thanks for the pictures John most appreciated  my navigation alas is not the same as your's:down:

Normski i have  4 dvd's for the navigation which came with the car including the uk one which is permanently in the navigation i do not have a USB port in my armrest unfortunately.:down:

So i only get the 4 digit post code i think my car is a 2009 and a half ( june 2009 car) if it would have been a 2010 model year i might have got the later navigation.

I am waiting to hear back from Lexus multimedia team to see if updating the disc will give me full postcode we will see what they say.🙂

Have a look at the pictures i took off my navigation and you can see what is different between your's and mine.😶

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

• Like 1

That's certainly interesting. It would seem your car has got all the exterior changes from the facelift - 18" wheels, L-shaped reversing lights, smaller mirrors with indicators etc, but on the inside it's a bit weird - no USB and DVD-based nav, but the nav itself has the newer-style appearance (flat buttons). I'm guessing it must be one of the earliest examples of the model change. Is it a 58 reg?

John no it's a June 2009= 09 reg well it was personal plate now.🙂

My nav does differ slightly button wise compared to yours mine says Map( voice)destination, menu,info no mention off phone still would seem that is how you can tell the HDD version, still will wait and see what the Lexus experts say.🙂

On 6/20/2018 at 4:14 PM, 65mike said:

Thanks for the pictures John most appreciated  my navigation alas is not the same as your's:down:

Normski i have  4 dvd's for the navigation which came with the car including the uk one which is permanently in the navigation i do not have a USB port in my armrest unfortunately.:down:

So i only get the 4 digit post code i think my car is a 2009 and a half ( june 2009 car) if it would have been a 2010 model year i might have got the later navigation.

I am waiting to hear back from Lexus multimedia team to see if updating the disc will give me full postcode we will see what they say.🙂

Have a look at the pictures i took off my navigation and you can see what is different between your's and mine.😶

D

IMG_0251.jpg

Mine same too  it's 1 Sept 2009 registered, I got dvd installed. could it be that previous owner had it updated????? 🤔

On 6/23/2018 at 1:18 PM, ahmedali44 said:

Mine same too  it's 1 Sept 2009 registered, I got dvd installed. could it be that previous owner had it updated????? 🤔

The navigation as you are probably aware came with the SE-L including Mark Levinson i have checked the box off discs and they are 2008-2009 version1 so are original and have not been updated since new.

I will wait and see what Lexus come back to me with and make a decision then will keep all updated.:dontgetit:

You can of course get updates. My original hdd source was original 2010. I updated in 2014. It did make a little difference here and there. But there was still a lot missing. I have just driven from Cabrales de Arenas to Santillana to Bilbao and on Logrono. There were many occasions where madam was telling me to u turn, turn left or right as we were sailing down the A8 motorway.

She did, however, take me faultlessly to the Guggenheim in Bilbao. I used google maps to get decimal coordinates and then a converter to adjust to degrees, minutes and seconds N and W. In all fairness she took me straight to our apartment in Logrono. Pretty large city with many one way streets.

Logrono, by the way, is a lovely vibrant city that almost never sleeps. The tapas bars are just buzzing at night! Right now it’s 9:40 pm and 30 degrees! Time for tapas and Rioja!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links