Ankit24

New Tyres for NX300h F Sport

I have just got a 2015 NX300h F Sport and want to change all four tyres. I have currently got the Yokohama Blueearth E51. The road noise is really bad was thinking of changing for the Michelin Crossclimate any other recommendation 

For outright noise reduction,  Goodyear Efficient Grip SUV would be a good choice. Avon ZX7 is not bad either

Just depends really on whether you need them and how you drive. They don't offer great grip in the summer but they are better as colder weather comes our way compared to summer tyres. Just worth bearing in mind

I will go for Vredestein Quatrac 5 on mine. 

I had Vredestein Winter tyres on my Accord a few years ago after reading good reviews (Wintrac Xtreme). Worst tyres I've ever had...poor grip, poor wear performance and got very noisy very quickly as they wore. Replaced them with Falken Eurowinters which were far superior in every respect, and quite a bit cheaper.

I won't need 'normal' tyres on my NX for quite some time, but when I buy Winter tyres I'll be going back to the Falkens.

5 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I had Vredestein Winter tyres on my Accord a few years ago after reading good reviews (Wintrac Xtreme). Worst tyres I've ever had...poor grip, poor wear performance and got very noisy very quickly as they wore. Replaced them with Falken Eurowinters which were far superior in every respect, and quite a bit cheaper.

I won't need 'normal' tyres on my NX for quite some time, but when I buy Winter tyres I'll be going back to the Falkens.

Thats interesting, l had them on my freelander and on my mini all4 and I found them great that's why I thought I would go for there all season on my GLC and they were also great, on our trips to the Alps I have never (touch wood) had to don my very expensive chains. 

I definitely recommend the Michelin Cross Climates. I swapped to them from the Yokohama, and the difference was amazing. Less noise, a more compliant ride, and better road holding around corners and roundabouts in the wet.

The only issue I had was getting hold of them. The best price I got was from my local Lexus dealer, even though they could not get all 4 tyres from the same location (one or two had to come from Scotland!).

Do your cross climates have snowflake and mountain symbol on so as to make them winter tire compliant in Austria/Germany?

11 hours ago, HarryM said:

Do your cross climates have snowflake and mountain symbol on so as to make them winter tire compliant in Austria/Germany?

Cross climates are 3PMSF rated 

I have had the tyres now on the car for a few days now and can notice a big difference than the standard yoki’s 

Did you go for cross climates?

Yep been on the car for the past few days