Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tyres for NX300h F Sport

I have just got a 2015 NX300h F Sport and want to change all four tyres. I have currently got the Yokohama Blueearth E51. The road noise is really bad was thinking of changing for the Michelin Crossclimate any other recommendation 

For outright noise reduction,  Goodyear Efficient Grip SUV would be a good choice. Avon ZX7 is not bad either

Just depends really on whether you need them and how you drive. They don't offer great grip in the summer but they are better as colder weather comes our way compared to summer tyres. Just worth bearing in mind

I had Vredestein Winter tyres on my Accord a few years ago after reading good reviews (Wintrac Xtreme). Worst tyres I've ever had...poor grip, poor wear performance and got very noisy very quickly as they wore. Replaced them with Falken Eurowinters which were far superior in every respect, and quite a bit cheaper.

I won't need 'normal' tyres on my NX for quite some time, but when I buy Winter tyres I'll be going back to the Falkens.

5 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I had Vredestein Winter tyres on my Accord a few years ago after reading good reviews (Wintrac Xtreme). Worst tyres I've ever had...poor grip, poor wear performance and got very noisy very quickly as they wore. Replaced them with Falken Eurowinters which were far superior in every respect, and quite a bit cheaper.

I won't need 'normal' tyres on my NX for quite some time, but when I buy Winter tyres I'll be going back to the Falkens.

Thats interesting, l had them on my freelander and on my mini all4 and I found them great that's why I thought I would go for there all season on my GLC and they were also great, on our trips to the Alps I have never (touch wood) had to don my very expensive chains. 

I definitely recommend the Michelin Cross Climates. I swapped to them from the Yokohama, and the difference was amazing. Less noise, a more compliant ride, and better road holding around corners and roundabouts in the wet.

The only issue I had was getting hold of them. The best price I got was from my local Lexus dealer, even though they could not get all 4 tyres from the same location (one or two had to come from Scotland!).

11 hours ago, HarryM said:

Do your cross climates have snowflake and mountain symbol on so as to make them winter tire compliant in Austria/Germany?

Cross climates are 3PMSF rated 

• 3 months later...
On 6/18/2018 at 4:51 PM, First_Lexus said:

I won't be going back to the Falkens as they now only stock the EuroWinter tyres in 104V load/speed rating. My NX is 100H as standard, and while plenty of sources say going UP from 100H to 104V is fine (and why wouldn't it be?) both my insurer (Admiral) and Lexus insist that I must fit EXACTLY the size specified for my car. That means I'm stuck only with Yokohama, Bridgestone or Pirelli.

Frustating to say the very least...

On 9/29/2018 at 5:55 PM, First_Lexus said:

I won't be going back to the Falkens as they now only stock the EuroWinter tyres in 104V load/speed rating. My NX is 100H as standard, and while plenty of sources say going UP from 100H to 104V is fine (and why wouldn't it be?) both my insurer (Admiral) and Lexus insist that I must fit EXACTLY the size specified for my car. That means I'm stuck only with Yokohama, Bridgestone or Pirelli.

Frustating to say the very least...

I'm surprised that is a requirement from your insurer. I just double checked mine (shelis wheels), which just requires it to meet the minimum legal requirements 

20 hours ago, jbi507 said:

I'm surprised that is a requirement from your insurer. I just double checked mine (shelis wheels), which just requires it to meet the minimum legal requirements 

Interesting. I thought the person I spoke with didn't know what they were talking about, but they've since confirmed on an e-mail that tyres must match the exact original specification when the vehicle was supplied - otherwise they'll treat the car as 'modified' and demand an extra premium! 

As I do have some options, I've decided to take the path of least resistance and just get Winter tyres to the exact original spec - 225/60 R18 100H.

There are two options in this slightly restricted size. First, Yokohama W-Drive, or BluEarth W-Drive. Second, Bridgestone Blizzak, which are marginally more expensive.

I'm happy with the standard fit Yokos on the car now, but am leaning towards the Bridgestone having read some reviews.

Anybody here with experience or knowledge to help the final decision for me?

9 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

As I do have some options, I've decided to take the path of least resistance and just get Winter tyres to the exact original spec - 225/60 R18 100H.

There are two options in this slightly restricted size. First, Yokohama W-Drive, or BluEarth W-Drive. Second, Bridgestone Blizzak, which are marginally more expensive.

I'm happy with the standard fit Yokos on the car now, but am leaning towards the Bridgestone having read some reviews.

Anybody here with experience or knowledge to help the final decision for me?

The Blizzak are supposed to be the bees knees. Id probably opt for those if I was in the market.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @rayaans

Yes, the reviews are very positive. Looks like I'll be finding out whether they're as good as the Falken EuroWinters I'd normally buy.

I'm actually more excited to see what the NX looks like on the black 'Sport' wheels that the Winter tyres will be running on. Sad I know...

I've ordered the Blizzaks this afternoon from Oponeo who I've used several times. Once fitted - by Lexus - towards the end of the month I'll post my impressions...assuming we get any cold weather at any stage!

• 1 month later...

We'll be going down the Cross Climates route in the next couple of months. We go to the Alps 2 or 3 times a winter. Historically, I've always had a second set of wheels with winters on but this time I'm going to avoid the hassle. The CCs are properly winter certified and have excellent reviews. I also want to avoid the likelihood of minor damage from the fitters every time they remove/fit wheels. Our Lexus dealer is too far away (and pretty much in London) to use them every time for this.

It means taking our factory fitted summer tyres off early. I'm amazed at how slowly they're wearing - 17k on them and the fronts look about half worn. Astonishing. 

Anyone got any suggestions on which I should get out of these? 

(All should be shown on this link: https://www.asdatyres.co.uk/215-45-17)

Comforser CF700

GT Radial Sport Active 

Bridgestone Turanza T005 

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

They're for my 2016 CT 200h. Don't really want to go with the Comforsers because I'd rather spend a bit more money on a set of tyres for the added safety/grip/fuel economy. Has anyone had any experience with any of these tyres?