Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre inflate for CT 200h CVT Advanced 1.8

msa969

Hi purchased a  CT 200h CVT Advanced 1.8.

What is the tyre pressure of the vehcle.

The tyres i have on the car are 215/45r17.

should i inflate this to 2.3 bars? Tt seems very low, in my previous car, a BMW with wide rims i was inflating te tyres to 3.2 & 3.3 bars. 

I have attached a picture of insturctions on my drive door

IMG_1772.jpg

Why would you even ask the question  "what is the tyre pressure of the vehicle" when the figures are provided by the manufacturer and attached in an easy to read location?

Over inflation by a small amount as mentioned by others can have a beneficial effect on economy but still the values on the door pillar should be the standard starting value

It's odd that you'd compare on vehicle to another in such a way, especially when the recommended figures are right there.

There are lots of differences between vehicles e.g. consider the different wheels and tyre sizes, etc.

I see you are comparing to a BMW, does your Lexus have indicators?! :wacko:

Funny thread! Like Ronseal  in a way only you do what it says on the tin ratherthan it doing what it says on the tin. Tin being where the sticker is found! Nice one guys!:)

Like everyone follows all instructions to the absolute specification!

Ronseal is catchphrase used to market a product. If I cannot find empirical evidence of the best tyre pressure than I am quite happy to take anecdotal experience.

Best is subjective but I'd suggest starting with the recommended pressures as listed. See how the car feels ride wise, comfortable? Handling ok? Last metric is are the tyres wearing evenly?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, msa969 said:

Like everyone follows all instructions to the absolute specification!

Ronseal is catchphrase used to market a product. If I cannot find empirical evidence of the best tyre pressure than I am quite happy to take anecdotal experience.

Even more funny, thanks...I  like the bold print by the way, it makes what you're typing seem more important doesn't it?

Insurers like people who don't follow the manufacturers instructions, they can and have used it to weasel their way out of all sorts of tight spots.

Sorry about how the text became bold that was not my intention. Intention is to drive safely, check even wear of tyre, and fuel efficiency as i love my world that is the reason i purchased a hybrid. 

• Like 1