Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Outlet Fuse Location Issue

Since I purchased my car I have noticed that although the 12v power outlet in the centre console works fine the lower front outlet and boot outlet have no power.

I've consulted the handbook to try and find the fuse and cannot decide where it should be -certainly there is no fusebox in the dashboard as per the handbook.

Car is  Advance registered March 2015 . Anyone able to help please. 

If not its not a big deal as car is under warranty.

Thanks Les

On the rx300 the fuses for interior circuits are under the glovebox, but the fusebox is behind the cover under the glovebox. To expose the fusebox you have to unclip the cover above the passenger's feet. I'd assume the rx450 is similar. Looking at the owner's manual it looks like it's the same.

4 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

My handbook show it located on the drivers side in the vicinity of the bonnet release. . Can't see how to get at it though on the car.

Like Mark said above, you may well have to get your head in the footwell and look up behind the panel.

On LHD cars it's by the steering wheel on the left of the car. On RHD vehicles the fusebox stays on the left of the cars under the glovebox. If you look directly under the glovebox you should see a removable panel.

• Like 1

Well I've found the fusebox. The shroud carrying the passenger footwell is easily removed by pushing 3 catches back an releasing.

Unfortunately at 64 years of age i am not equipped to be a powder monkey with microscopic paws so have decided that as the car is under warranty the issue can be sorted when the tailgate paintwork is sorted.

Those fuses are a bit tiny aren't they and the fusebox isn't easy to get to unless you lie on your back in the footwell, so I know how you feel. I used the fuse extractor tool in the engine bay fusebox to remove my blown fuse. But now you've located the fuses you can employ a small child or very supple adult to replace them. 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links