Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F Sport ride quality

I'm looking to change my CT for an IS - I really should have just bought the IS first, but they were a bit out of budget at the time.

I love the look of the F Sport and that would be my first choice,  and I appreciate that this is really personal and subjective, but  how different will the ride quality be?

CT ride is pretty poor IMO, but I'm only running 16" wheels so that helps, but would an F Sport IS be noticeably worse?

hi mike

i have an F Sport Is and although the ride is firmer it isnt uncomfortable

i thought the same when i went from my 63 plate 300h luxury with 17" wheels

to my 17 plate 300h F Sport with 18" wheels as i injured my back many years

ago so comfort is always a concern for me.

20 minutes ago, Mikeyb999 said:

I'm looking to change my CT for an IS - I really should have just bought the IS first, but they were a bit out of budget at the time.

I love the look of the F Sport and that would be my first choice,  and I appreciate that this is really personal and subjective, but  how different will the ride quality be?

CT ride is pretty poor IMO, but I'm only running 16" wheels so that helps, but would an F Sport IS be noticeably worse?

The ride on the IS300h F Sport is better than any trim of CT with any size wheels. I get at least one every year when both cars are serviced and I hate getting into it tbh

I'd be willing to bet you would find the IS to have a smoother ride quality (even an F-Sport), compared to a CT200h. I had one as a courtesy car recently and it felt considerably rougher than my IS, which had 19" wheels at the time. The CT was also an F-Sport but I doubt it would've felt much better on smaller wheels.

28 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The ride on the IS300h F Sport is better than any trim of CT with any size wheels. I get at least one every year when both cars are serviced and I hate getting into it tbh

That's what I was hoping, I find the ride on the CT a bit fidgety on anything that's not perfectly smooth.  I had a IS F Sport as a loaner last year, and found the ride fine, but it was only a couple of hours to work and back, so difficult to judge overall, and as I probably wont buy from a dealer I'd feel a bit cheeky trying for a longer test drive

Mrs B hated a Volvo V60 R-Design I had as the ride was to firm, but to be fair it was awful - I used to change my route to avoid certain roads as it was so bad, so she is quite sensitive to me looking at anything that looks sporty!

1 minute ago, Mikeyb999 said:

That's what I was hoping, I find the ride on the CT a bit fidgety on anything that's not perfectly smooth.  I had a IS F Sport as a loaner last year, and found the ride fine, but it was only a couple of hours to work and back, so difficult to judge overall, and as I probably wont buy from a dealer I'd feel a bit cheeky trying for a longer test drive

Mrs B hated a Volvo V60 R-Design I had as the ride was to firm, but to be fair it was awful - I used to change my route to avoid certain roads as it was so bad, so she is quite sensitive to me looking at anything that looks sporty!

@J Henderson is right. Our IS is an F Sport. It has better ride quality than the 3rd Gen RX F Sport and is marginally poorer than my 4RX F Sport. Having said that, all cars are smoother than their German counterparts with Sport packages of the same years.

The loaner CT I usually get is the Advance or Sport specification and the ride is bad enough on them in comparison