Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Shock Absorbers

Was idly sitting on eBay when I spotted genuine Lexus rear shocks at £58 a pop delivered, it was late, i had had a glass of wine and thought why not? Today i contacted the dealer and ordered the front shocks, that twas £100 a pop, standard shocks, not air suspension. 

My query is this, my car has done 80k miles, it's now 8 years old and I do carry heavyish loads of honey. Do you think this was a silly purchase, I can have them fitted by a local very trusted garage, do you think I will notice any improvement? I plan to keep the car for a few years so might as well get any benefit rather than wait for an MOT failure?

Any thoughts out there.

Thanks for your opinions and thoughts, great forum

Ed

I think you got  a bargain.

I was looking on eBay and genuine New Shock Absorber for the LS430 is £899.99 lol

Back to your question - if the current ones are fine and you dont have any complaints then I would leave them just yet. It would shame just to change them and wasting a perfectly good working part. You have spares now just incase a problem arises.

My air shocks are 14 years old and still fine

3 hours ago, Jaystar77 said:

My life is full of drunken ebay purchases. 

I approve immensely.

Spares are always a good thing, I'd rather be looking at it than looking for it! 

I once bought a sports suspension package for a Honda Accord 2.4 Tourer, only problem was I didn't actually have the car, just planned on buying one next. Of course it never happened. Luckily I bought cheap, it was eBay and managed to cover my losses, not my embarrassment !

• Haha 2

I once bought an E34 5 series bmw 520 for £1209.Smoked it around  for 18 months and in the throes of buying a heavily discounted new Ford Fiesta my wife asked the dealer if he would take it as a trade in. I got £1500 pounds for it!