Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS got side swiped!

Rayaan I feel for you. Not what anyone needs or wants. Fortunately not to much damage that could cause future problems. I hope you manage to get it sorted quickly.

John.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

Oh no, from the pic's it looks like you're caught the offender tho right?

I hope the damage to your car is sorted with minimal fuss.

59 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Rayaan I feel for you. Not what anyone needs or wants. Fortunately not to much damage that could cause future problems. I hope you manage to get it sorted quickly.

John.

Wife was parked outside her fathers house. Van was going up the street, a bus was oncoming. Van reverses to give way to the bus and takes a chunk out of the IS. The guy knocked on the door of my FILs house.

On closer inspection - bumper scratched, wheel scratched, outer light unit scratched, fender is bent and scratched a little bit too. Luckily the plastics at lower side made it without issues.

Told insurance and they say something about paying £450 excess, taking it to my repairer and claiming excess back or something like that

Quite reassuring to hear that the van driver did the right thing and owned up, although perhaps he knew he'd been seen so had little choice. I'll go with thinking the best rather than the worst.

Hopefully not too difficult to have put back to new condition @rayaans. Certainly not what anybody needs and I'd be furious!

23 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Quite reassuring to hear that the van driver did the right thing and owned up, although perhaps he knew he'd been seen so had little choice. I'll go with thinking the best rather than the worst.

Hopefully not too difficult to have put back to new condition @rayaans. Certainly not what anybody needs and I'd be furious!

Insurance is a farce. 

They're saying I have to pay £450 excess, get the car repaired and Auxillis (Admiral's non-fault claim service) will recover costs from the other party along with the excess. 

Im still in the process of figuring out whether my excess gets returned to me or not..... and it appears nobody can give me an answer

• Confused 1

Now that's not good at all. Given all the money we pay, the least we should expect is decent service if we ever need it. As an Admiral customer myself, this makes for uncomfortable reading. I can only wish you luck and hope it turns out for the best in the end.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Insurance is a farce. 

They're saying I have to pay £450 excess, get the car repaired and Auxillis (Admiral's non-fault claim service) will recover costs from the other party along with the excess. 

Im still in the process of figuring out whether my excess gets returned to me or not..... and it appears nobody can give me an answer

I was with Admiral - just cancelled with them tonight as their renewal quote came in at £300 dearer than a renewal quote. When I had my accident in February, non fault 3rd party to blame. I used the Auxilis service and was quite impressed - hire car turned up next day - it went back almost a month later. My car was written off and Auxilis dealt with the issue from start to finish.

I must say though that two payments were made ... one almost immediately and I have just this week had the second which is 4 months later. I had the excess back and was not left out of pocket. What you will get though are a bombardment of calls from the other drivers insurance stating they will take over the claim as their hire car costs are cheaper... stick to Auxilis as its less hassle and its all dealt with by them.

I know what you are going through but at least its not written off but all the same, you will know its accident damaged. Good luck

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

I was with Admiral - just cancelled with them tonight as their renewal quote came in at £300 dearer than a renewal quote. When I had my accident in February, non fault 3rd party to blame. I used the Auxilis service and was quite impressed - hire car turned up next day - it went back almost a month later. My car was written off and Auxilis dealt with the issue from start to finish.

I must say though that two payments were made ... one almost immediately and I have just this week had the second which is 4 months later. I had the excess back and was not left out of pocket. What you will get though are a bombardment of calls from the other drivers insurance stating they will take over the claim as their hire car costs are cheaper... stick to Auxilis as its less hassle and its all dealt with by them.

I know what you are going through but at least its not written off but all the same, you will know its accident damaged. Good luck

Did you end up going with a Lexus approved bodyshop though? Admiral don't have any. Been told that there is Master Cars bodyshop in Leeds but I have never seen their work or anything, whereas when the front end of the IS was damaged, Lexus Bradford sent it to their approved bodyshop in Bolton and it came back pristine! Should have done mind as they replaced the bumper and fender.

Mine went to Lookers to be assessed then they came back a week later to say it was a write off. If you go with Auxilis then I am pretty sure it will be repaired through their network. If you go with Admiral you can specify who repairs it but you will loose a no claim bonus. You don't with Auxilis so its kind of a gamble - if you know its going to be a write off then go with Auxilis, if its not and you are happy to lose the excess and no claims then go with Admiral but can have the repairer specified by yourself.

On the one hand, like you say, Lexus do not have a body or paint shop, but knowing a good one and using them will come at a cost but maybe a better job...swings and roundabouts and something really your insurer should be on your side about repairing your car as its not your fault.

• Like 1

The normal procedure with a claim is that you pay the excess to the repairer "body shop" when the insures have settled who was to blame the insurance company return the excess payment to the innocent party.
This does not mean the money will be returned quickly. I had a no fault claim when I was with Churchill. I had it in writing from the other party that the damage was his fault, but it still took 3 years to get my excess back after many many phone calls.

Ask your insurer if this claim will affect your premiums for the next 5 years "you will have to declare the claim for that period". If it will ask how much, and say you wish to claim that if any as out of pocket expenses.

John

• Like 2

1 hour ago, is200 Newbie said:

Mine went to Lookers to be assessed then they came back a week later to say it was a write off. If you go with Auxilis then I am pretty sure it will be repaired through their network. If you go with Admiral you can specify who repairs it but you will loose a no claim bonus. You don't with Auxilis so its kind of a gamble - if you know its going to be a write off then go with Auxilis, if its not and you are happy to lose the excess and no claims then go with Admiral but can have the repairer specified by yourself.

On the one hand, like you say, Lexus do not have a body or paint shop, but knowing a good one and using them will come at a cost but maybe a better job...swings and roundabouts and something really your insurer should be on your side about repairing your car as its not your fault.

Wait a minute, so can I deal with Admiral direct rather than dealing with Auxillis?

My no claims bonus is protected so thats not an issue.

I assumed that Auxillis were under Admiral, not a separate entity.....

Problem is, I dont know who the third party insurer is because the van was a rental and neither did the driver

Don't get involved with Auxillis, they have an awful reputation. They sent me a diesel Seat Leon as a replacemnt car when our Tesla got written off in a third party non fault claim. I was advised to try a company called Novo. Called them up 3pm and next day I had an equivalent Tesla delivered to work. They also than arranged my car to be delivered to Tesla direct, where as my own insurance company(DirectLine) send it to a local garage who called me up as they couldnt even work out how to open the doors!!!

I didn't pay a single penny of my excess, got refunded extra compensation for changes in spec/VED rates, and they were 100% professional through out the process. They did all the leg work between chasing the third party insurance company and mine. 

I've only seen good feedback from them on the Tesla FaceBook forum, I woudlnt hesitate to use them again, only thing am not sure about is if they would take on a IS300H claim. But there is no harm in giving them a call.

http://www.nim.uk.com

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Wait a minute, so can I deal with Admiral direct rather than dealing with Auxillis?

You can but your own insurance company will push you towards their 'preferred' incident management firm. For third path non-fault claims insurances all want to get as much costs from the claim recovered as possible with least effort, therefore they all rather 'sell' the work onto someone else. 

Auxillis is probably the biggest incident management firm around, as a result their service can be described as 'impersonal'. I've used them before in a different claim third party non-fault claim and through out the whole thing you feel like nothing more than a number been pushed around. Personally if other choices are available I would look else where. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rayaans said:

My no claims bonus is protected so thats not an issue.

I assumed that Auxillis were under Admiral, not a separate entity.....

Problem is, I dont know who the third party insurer is because the van was a rental and neither did the driver

I had the option after asking myself if it could go to Lexus when I reported the accident but I had to ask. There was a bit of pressure I felt to take the option to go with Auxilis but i had a feeling the car was going to be written off so I went with the easier option.

There definitely is the option to go with Admiral but you will lose part of your no claims and I think your excess but check first. When you are involved in an accident you feel like the companies are firing questions and options at you when all you want to do is get it sorted with no hassle. 

10 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

Don't get involved with Auxillis, they have an awful reputation. They sent me a diesel Seat Leon as a replacemnt car when our Tesla got written off in a third party non fault claim. I was advised to try a company called Novo. Called them up 3pm and next day I had an equivalent Tesla delivered to work. They also than arranged my car to be delivered to Tesla direct, where as my own insurance company(DirectLine) send it to a local garage who called me up as they couldnt even work out how to open the doors!!!

I didn't pay a single penny of my excess, got refunded extra compensation for changes in spec/VED rates, and they were 100% professional through out the process. They did all the leg work between chasing the third party insurance company and mine. 

I've only seen good feedback from them on the Tesla FaceBook forum, I woudlnt hesitate to use them again, only thing am not sure about is if they would take on a IS300H claim. But there is no harm in giving them a call.

http://www.nim.uk.com

I guess different situations are dealt with differently from different areas - I had a good experience with Auxilis, was given a year old BMW 3 series M Sport and had it for a month before it went back. I had no real issues other than chasing for the second and final amount from the company. They even let me remove parts from the written off car before it was destroyed so in this case I was a happy customer.

Don't intend to be in the situation again but who knows but my no claims is intact and with a renewal quote just through my insurance has not changed.

• Like 1

Right. Im not liking the idea of Auxillis. I especially don't like that it's a separate contract and they could try to charge me!

Unfortunately that does mean we will lose our £450 excess. We don't have motor legal which Admiral kindly explained so I don't doubt Admiral Law will phone us tomorrow to take it out, which might actually be worthwhile depending on cost/worthiness. 

NCD is protected which allows 2 claims in 3 years. The previous claim was in Nov 2015 so that should be OK too.

I feel for you as you will sort it eventually but only after some grief.

My car is insured with Lexus but I have never tested them but would expect a seamless resolution.

My wife's Yaris cars were with Direct Line who became awkward when I selected the Bodyshop & took time to settle fully &, on a separate occasion, the glossy BMW Accident Stress -free 

System was a joke when my mate involved them to oversee his BMW Bodyshop repair.

Her latest Yaris is with Toyota, seamless I trust.

Good Luck !

Tel

• Like 1

This is becoming more complicated than it should be.

Firstly. you're not at fault in any way. You have the Drivers name and the vehicle registration. You've notified your insurance company and given them the details of the accident.

It's now up to them to find the other drivers insurance and tell them of your claim.

Take your car to a repairer of your choice (not theirs). The other driver's insurance company will send an assessor and hopefully approve the amount and the claim.

There is no reason to pay any excess you have on your policy, you're not claiming on your policy, you're claiming on his. Your no claim bonus will not be affected but your premium will rise (seemingly if you claim on any policy you will probably claim again; so they say)

Good luck, this should not cost you a penny in any way, shape or form (apart from the increased premium)

Graham.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, graham8370 said:

This is becoming more complicated than it should be.

Firstly. you're not at fault in any way. You have the Drivers name and the vehicle registration. You've notified your insurance company and given them the details of the accident.

It's now up to them to find the other drivers insurance and tell them of your claim.

Take your car to a repairer of your choice (not theirs). The other driver's insurance company will send an assessor and hopefully approve the amount and the claim.

There is no reason to pay any excess you have on your policy, you're not claiming on your policy, you're claiming on his. Your no claim bonus will not be affected but your premium will rise (seemingly if you claim on any policy you will probably claim again; so they say)

Good luck, this should not cost you a penny in any way, shape or form (apart from the increased premium)

Graham.

Exactly that's what I would have thought. 

But apparently admiral want the excess up front and then liability will be decided even though other party has admitted it. Then I'll get the excess back from the other insurance company if deemed not at fault. 

Rayaans, tell them you have no intention of paying any money. It's not your fault.

If your insurance company doesn't pursue the other driver's insurance they might have to pay themselves (I'm assuming you're Fully Comp) which they won't want to do.

In the past two years, my car has been hit twice whilst parked in car parks. I simply refused to pay up front. Your insurance company should be working for YOU.

You're the customer, tell them what YOU want.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, graham8370 said:

Rayaans, tell them you have no intention of paying any money. It's not your fault.

If your insurance company doesn't pursue the other driver's insurance they might have to pay themselves (I'm assuming you're Fully Comp) which they won't want to do.

In the past two years, my car has been hit twice whilst parked in car parks. I simply refused to pay up front. Your insurance company should be working for YOU.

You're the customer, tell them what YOU want.

Yep I'll give them a call today and say that I'm not paying it as it's not my fault.

Other option is to get admiral to cough up the name of the other party's insurance company and approach them instead dropping in that Auxillis have offered to help 😂

10 hours ago, rayaans said:

Right. Im not liking the idea of Auxillis. I especially don't like that it's a separate contract and they could try to charge me!

Unfortunately that does mean we will lose our £450 excess. We don't have motor legal which Admiral kindly explained so I don't doubt Admiral Law will phone us tomorrow to take it out, which might actually be worthwhile depending on cost/worthiness. 

NCD is protected which allows 2 claims in 3 years. The previous claim was in Nov 2015 so that should be OK too.

@rayaans another way re the excess is to claim this direct from the third party (once you get the details) under “uninsured losses”

To me your insurance company should be doing this automatically. IMHO you should not need to get involved apart from advising your insurance company as you have already done.

Sorry to learn of this incident and good luck with the outcome.

• Like 1