Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking brake light not working

Wonder if someone can help, had my IS250 now for 24 hours, very happy although seem to have an issue with the dash light which shows the parking brake is engaged.  It was working on the test drive as on one occasion, I forgot to disengage and got the warning and beeps when I tried to pull away.  It was working this morning when I forgot the same (not used a foot parking brake before so still getting used to it)  Now it doesn't come on at all, if the brake is engaged and I pull away, no more warning or beeps and the light is nowhere to be seen.

Anyone had this before?  Could it be a fuse?

It is unlikely to be the fuse. Fuses rarely fail without a reason, and further the electrics on modern cars are more complicated than of old with simple wiring.

It could be the switch on the pedal. The switch tells the body ECU if the brake is applied or not. The ECU then monitors the speed sensor to see if your moving, and works out if if the light should be on, and should an audible warning given. The system is more complicated than this, but it gives an idea of how things work.

Almost everything you operate is done via an ECU that communicates with other ECU's cross checking if the operation is safe.

On the multi function display "MFD" in the hidden menu I believe it shows if the brake is operated. If it does not show when the brake is applied it is probably the switch.

To enter the hidden menu do a search for instructions from the box at the top of this screen. 

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links