Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My IS300h thread

Jayw13702

3 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

I did replace the o rings, I bought them from my local dealer, I can’t remember the part numbers but I do remember they had to order them as “they had never sold any of those before” emoji15.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That kind of suggests that they don’t actually replace them themselves when changing the diff oil then! However, it pays to replace these in the long run or even just to have on hand should the existing ones be or get damaged during the refilling process. 

Great detail in your posts, for example 2 litres of oil needed when the Toyota diff oil only comes in 1 litre bottles (saves from getting stuck with not enough oil and justifies use of a decent filling syringe).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maxz said:

That kind of suggests that they don’t actually replace them themselves when changing the diff oil then! However, it pays to replace these in the long run or even just to have on hand should the existing ones be or get damaged during the refilling process. 

Great detail in your posts, for example 2 litres of oil needed when the Toyota diff oil only comes in 1 litre bottles (saves from getting stuck with not enough oil and justifies use of a decent filling syringe).

Actually Max, I would look at it that they don’t know the part no, because nobody orders them. They will probably have them in their own stocks as consumables, because Lexus are very keen on these small details to stop oil leaks. That’s my view anyway, but I am not competent to do my own servicing. Good luck, Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RgrWynne said:

Actually Max, I would look at it that they don’t know the part no, because nobody orders them. They will probably have them in their own stocks as consumables, because Lexus are very keen on these small details to stop oil leaks. That’s my view anyway, but I am not competent to do my own servicing. Good luck, Roger

Good point, washers, o-rings etc. are perishable or once torqued and released, should not be refitted as could fail from fatigue/corrosion (especially around the diff which seems to attract a fair amount of surface corrosion following my previous review and maintenance of the underside). Thanks all for the great advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Sooo Jason, how about that EGR job? [emoji6]

Sorry I posted it in the IS300h tech section, here’s the link

EGR Cooler replacement
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=80750&share_tid=123602&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Elexusownersclub%2Eco%2Euk%2F&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

its been a while since I posted here, must be the best part of 50k miles travelled.

Aside from a N/S lower ball joint and a load of service work very little has happened with my IS..........until a few weeks ago...

At 180,000 miles the traction Battery is starting to fail, so a new one is on order with Lexus. Total cost £1926.

Picking it up next Saturday and will be fitting it myself, full how to will follow 

• 5 months later...

6 months on and it’s been a dream to drive again.

the link to my YouTube vid on how to replace the Battery

recent jobs include 

front crankshaft oil seal.

radiator flush

invertor fluid change

water pump change (200k on its original water pump!!)

fan belt change

now it’s sat on 205,000 miles, still going well and just about to have an interior upgrade 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

The car now sports a complete set of F-sport seats. the SE seats were very comfortable but the F-sport ones are so much nicer, especially with the lumbar adjustment as well.

The front seats were literally plug and play, the full thread on it:

Next jobs: 

Complete interior strip out to replace carpets

• Like 1