Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello guys just wondering if any of you have had the same issue as im having with my speed cluster display.

The one im talking about is the top of the screen that is controlled by your steering wheel controller. 

My issue is of a morning its goes nuts like it has lost its pixels and only half of the words show up and some times upside down. 

This started just over a week ago and if i go to work and leave the ar for a few hours it is like it never happened and display works perfectly. 

Anyone had this problem and how was it fixed. 

My car is 55 plate is250 se

On 6/19/2018 at 7:38 AM, brunskill43 said:

Hello guys just wondering if any of you have had the same issue as im having with my speed cluster display.

The one im talking about is the top of the screen that is controlled by your steering wheel controller. 

My issue is of a morning its goes nuts like it has lost its pixels and only half of the words show up and some times upside down. 

This started just over a week ago and if i go to work and leave the ar for a few hours it is like it never happened and display works perfectly. 

Anyone had this problem and how was it fixed. 

My car is 55 plate is250 se

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

Had similar issue with my Mercedes-Benz e320cdi many yrs ago. Had to have cluster replaced under warranty. Normally are controlled by a chip if chip start playing up then have to replace cluster. Just get it diagnosed or try resetting by disconnecting Battery that might work.

Good luck 

I think I would try and source a second hand instrument panel from a breakers or someone breaking one perhaps and have a close look at   dismantling that one with a view to swapping over just that section perhaps (if cars mileage is 'stored' in lower panel) before getting involved with dash in car.

paul m.

Thanks for replying guys and have now bought a replacement cluster for £16 on eBay.

After some research i found that lexus clusters suffer from hot long temperature and the LED,s can go bad and given the hot few weeks we are having i tend to agree.

Replacement cluster was a last resort but for £16 am gonna do what texas suggested and try change just the display screen if possible if not its milage correction time. p.s my. display went. white in the end with blue lines down it but display information was still visible.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, ahmedali44 said:

Had similar issue with my Mercedes-Benz e320cdi many yrs ago. Had to have cluster replaced under warranty. Normally are controlled by a chip if chip start playing up then have to replace cluster. Just get it diagnosed or try resetting by disconnecting battery that might work.

Good luck 

dismantled the Battery even unplugged my ecu but just came on as i left it all scrambled

• 8 months later...
On 6/24/2018 at 9:29 AM, brunskill43 said:

dismantled the battery even unplugged my ecu but just came on as i left it all scrambled

This is just a follow up on me raised topic regards to my display screen gone bad.

I bought a second hand cluster and removed the display screen with delicate hands and replaced my broken one . 

My cluster display works perfectly.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, brunskill43 said:

This is just a follow up on me raised topic regards to my display screen gone bad.

I bought a second hand cluster and removed the display screen with delicate hands and replaced my broken one . 

My cluster display works perfectly.

IMG_20190310_151410.jpg

• Like 2

Happy days, and it never cost the Earth! Great feeling when you fix something that on first look seems a daunting/expensive task.

I assume your original mileage is still all OK in the bottom display?

cheers Paul m.

• Like 1