Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New GS430 owner - help sourcing parts

KrishP

Hi all,

I am now the proud owner of a 2000 GS430 with LPG.

The car is fantastic but I have two issues I wish to address:

1. Rear passenger ABS sensor requires replacement. I cannot find a replacement anywhere except Lexus - Any suggestions
  2. Rear springs snapped at the bottom - Again cannot find a standard replacement - do not want any lowering springs on the car.

I'd rather not pay the dealership for the parts if I can get OEM parts for cheaper.

Hope to update in the future on LPG saving and work on the car.

So far in the last 4 months of ownership, all its needed was tyres and rear discs and pads - replaced with brembo OEM items.

Thanks in advance

Krish

Hi Krish, welcome to the forum. 

We'd love to see some pic's of your new ride, so any chance you could get some online for us?

Sourcing Lexus parts is more troublesome that other makes/models but try looking up the part number first and take your searches from there.

7zap.com is a good resource, or Rock Auto often list alternate part's, etc.

Will you fit the parts yourself?  If not, then try looking up some local independent garages as they should be able to source parts.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi Farqui,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will check the sites out now.

I just checked and I don't have a single pic!!!! I will get the car washed and some nice pics to put up this weekend.

Will be fitting the parts myself.

Just checked the rock auto site. Decent price for the sensor relative to Lexus main dealer. Will order this week I think. I also found the part numbers from the 7zap.com site so making life a little easier to trace parts.

Not found springs yet but I'm sure I will

Krish

Edited by KrishP
update
  • Like 1

Rear springs are available on eBay for gen 2 GS430’s.

Where abouts are you located? I don’t have those parts, but I do still have some GS parts knocking about from when I did drive them, that may be of use to you.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

OEM springs are around £100.00 each from Lexus (part number is 48231-3A280).

Having checked Amayama they are priced at £87.00 plus shipping plus import taxes so would be more expensive.

Aftermarket versions are available from likes of eBay for around half these prices.

Hey guys, thanks for all the help.

The rock auto website has the abs sensor for £100 cheaper than main dealer so that's perfect for me.

Tigerfish - nice one mate - I'm all over the place - Peterborough - Warwick - Leicestershire - East London. Catch me at any of these places on any given week! I emailed a few people on eBay but all of them returned to say the part will not fit.

Steve - Thanks for the part number. Must be stock so either lexus main dealer or find alternative. With the part number it should make life easier.

Anyone know if the GS300 and 430 share the same rear springs?

Thanks guys - Will update with pics when I buy/fit the springs and abs sensor. MOT due in under 2 months so need to get cracking.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links