Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Filthy exhaust tips

I need to do something with my exhaust tips, they are beyond a little spit and polish as I don't think they have ever been cleaned!  I've had the car lifted to examine the vehicle underneath and the exhaust itself is fine and in great condition so absolutely no need to go mad with a solution.

Wonder if anyone has used the clip on exhaust tips and could recommend a set which fits the 250 perfectly, any photos would be appreciated.

TIA

6 minutes ago, leelacey17 said:

Get some value wire brillo pads from a supermarket and give that a go. Very effective.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do you use any particular cleaning product with the pads?

If they're particularly bad, use a tar remover on them first otherwise your brillo pad, steel wool etc will just get torn to pieces.

I remember my tips were in a terrible state after the council had done one of those "resurfacing" jobs where they just cover the road in loose stones, put up 20MPH signs and let the public flatten them down. :angry:

I used a bit of fine wire wool and some WD40 on the end of my IS300 exhaust. It looked great and still does. However, it is actually the end piece of the exhaust not an added tip.

Unless your exhaust tips are filthy filthy filthy x 1000 I think you’re better off with a good product, elbow grease, and maybe something like steel wool.

If you’re absolutely set on using a machine, something like a Dremel may be easier to use in a tight space than a big electric drill.