Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just got car washed had puncture thought go get repaired and now won't start keep saying trc off @ seems llike starter wants to turn but won't. Check Battery showing 12.2v I'm thinking should it b near 14v

Any ideas

Thanks 

The OEM Battery was prob a Panasonic but these are not available retail in the UK.

yes your Battery was likely on its last legs and the use of that compressor just tipped it over the edge, otherwise you may have got through the summer months with it but I wager it would have failed pretty quickly when the colder weather came.

my OEM Panasonic ( 10 years old) failed last year soon after I got the 250 when I was getting acquainted with the entertainment system ( without the engine running!) and I replaced it with Bosch S4 068

have a read through this thread and take note that the on-line parts sellers where you input your reg usually come back and say that this Battery is not suitable, but I ( along with others) have it under the bonnet right now. The only downside is the bright blue colour when you lift the bonnet as opposed to the OEM black, but I can live with that as it has a 4 year G'tee.

Paul M.

12 hours ago, ahmedali44 said:

Will see price difference from original one and bosh one

If you can source an original Panasonic Battery please let me know.

Paul m.

Go to EuroCar Parts website and register for email offers/notifications and you will get very soon an offer come through of 50% of batteries ( within the next week or two I reckon).

The Bosch S4 068 is showing now at £150 so with the 50% offer will cost £75 (inc delivery if you don't have a branch nearby)

But with today's current discount code ( and there is one every day!) of 35% off brings it down to under £100.

image.png

Out of interest, what is the date of manufacture on your original Battery?

if your car is 2009 then that's about 8 years longevity.

Date is on yellow label, mine was 14/07/07 and my car was UK registered 21/09/07.

I had to replace it in Feb of this year so that means it lasted for about 10 And a half years!

image.jpeg

Have to check it as still got Battery.once was told that Battery can be repaired by filling with distilled Battery water and left to charge overnight as that will repair dead cells. If this true or just a story as I know  repair it properly has to b stripped and cells replaced in factory. Has anyone repair their old Battery?????

Just replacing the electrolyte will not revive a 'dead' Battery, but having said that a 'dead' Battery is usually due to only one of the many cells within going faulty.

Very simply put, The charge/discharge cycle in the cells displaces some of plate material and this accumulates at the bottom of each cell and can effectively short out that cells plates  so therefore no output equals a 'dead' cell and if Battery is borderline good ( ie old) or this occurs in more than one cell then Battery will fail to perform as it should. Like I said simply put as Battery chemistry is a very involved subject.

paul m.