Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav - App - Help - GSF

Hi,

Some help would be appreciated.

The issue I am having is I am sending address from the app to the car and it says it has been sent to the vehicle, but I cannot find or figure out on the car how to receive this message/destination and accept it; I have trying googling but cannot find a proper answer. on other cars this was very straighforward, i feel i must be missing something.

I have registered the navigation with the app, made an account, etc. Can someone direct me the right way….?

As an aside,  I am finding the infotainment system very unintuitive and the mouse thing is very frustrating to use when typing. I am sure I will get used to it as everyone keeps saying but some of it seems unnecessarily complicated. What I wouldn’t give for a rotary dial as well lol.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I have the same issue as you. I can’t offer any help, but I tried for a few days to figure out what the internet connectivity could be used for (not just sat nav routes), got it working once - it wasn’t a smooth ride! - then gave up. 

I thought the live read out of local fuel prices and weather page showed promise, liked the Google POI search (far, far more useful than the car’s database), but the whole thing was extremely clunky and basic. The rest of the infotainment system seems fine though - but then I’m easily impressed by the album art of my CDs appearing on the screen....

Proof....!

5E0131EA-9018-42BA-B4D4-639EC7975DDD.jpeg

D32B27AD-AFA8-4DE6-8C0E-1F2E26F8BDC3.jpeg

9BBB72E0-9BA8-47DF-8D78-A1AE30B5CF16.jpeg

355892D8-59EC-4F57-BDD8-6A29E1124F03.jpeg

If you have the car set up to connect to the Internet then it will just download the destinations and store in the sat nav memory location(s).

The trick with the mouse things is to set the sensitivity to your liking so you can use the correct amount of force to move from one point to another. You may want to start with the highest force setting initially and reduce as you get use to it.

• Like 1

The other thing I found with the mouse thing is to not treat it as a mouse - sounds weird but stick with me - rather think of it as a small version of your screen. Keeping your finger on it at all times and not lifting off and putting your finger down like you would on a trackpad on a laptop. I find if I use it like a trackpad on a laptop I end up clicking or selecting or scrolling when I don’t want to. V.frustrating at first but now I’m used to it - it’s much better than a rotary dial and actually better than a touchscreen too as you don’t have to worry about jabbing the wrong thing due to a bump in the road. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you all know I got it sorted. In the end there was an issue with the software and the dealer couldn't fathom so it was all reset and has now started working fine. My sunroof had also failed in the open position which LED to a reset of all the software and latest versions fo everything put back on (so they tell me).

All working ok now; but cant beleive Lexus didnt build in a sim card into the car like the german cars to allow the car to recieve data, GPS, updates, and traffic info without needing to connect your phone and also as a result of this no sos button which on a car of this cost and calibre is surprising.

• 2 weeks later...

In the US Lexus provide full connectivity to most/all of their models, including the Fs. Unfortunately they don't in Europe, maybe due to demand, cost, difficultly of a single carrier agreement - who knows.

There is a Wifi hotspot accessory you can have fitted, which the vehicle's infotainment system can attach to.

Much easier to just use a phone IMO, and you don't need a second SIM/contract.

http://blog.lexus.co.uk/hotspot-brings-wifi-to-your-lexus/

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links